PDA

View Full Version : stock shift knob ?...

Tiller
08-26-2002, 11:38 PM
how long is the shifter stalk under the stock knob...? i want to get an aftermarket knob, but do not want the ting sitting way up high on the stalk...?

is it a fairly short stalk...? it's not as tall as the stock shift handle is it...?

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 08:39 AM
haven't really measured it but uhm its just held in by two screws, try and and as for the shifter height with the new knob on, yea that will differ by teh type of knob u get too

Danger DANJ
08-27-2002, 12:10 PM
This may give you an idea. Click here ('http://users.bestweb.net/~beaner/shift_install.html').

Basically, the top of the post (the point of the triangular piece) ends at the top of the shifter button. The button presses against the slope of the triangular piece, causing the post to press down.

Tiller
08-27-2002, 12:22 PM
i ended up taking the knob off last night...

I ordered the MOMO knob, as i saw someone with an Eclipse auto had one on theirs... it looked real nice, so hopefully it will look that nice on the Galant shifter...

Tiller
08-27-2002, 03:20 PM
yeah, well i got in my car this afternoon, and what the hell...? there was a spring laying on the floormat...? haha... last night when i unscrewed the stock knob and pulled up the button kinda flew out of the knob and landed on the floormat...

i put everthing back together last night, without the spring... everything worked no problem...:roll: i re-installed the spring this afternoon though... better safe than sorry...

Tiller
08-27-2002, 06:30 PM
http://www.momo.it/Momo/pomelli/grandi/automatico/pelle.jpg

newsobe
08-27-2002, 06:59 PM
hey tiller thats the knob i want to get how much did u pay for it ? i think i found it for $115 shipped. let me know if it fits cause i want to get it too. good luck. which did u get cf or alluminium.

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 07:01 PM
hey tiller thats the knob i want to get how much did u pay for it ? i think i found it for $115 shipped. let me know if it fits cause i want to get it too. good luck. which did u get cf or alluminium.

i thought it only came in black leather or alluminum...where did u see it in CF?

NRG
08-27-2002, 07:18 PM
Hey Tiller, I think that knob would look good if you also added a shift boot......

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 07:27 PM
optauto.com has it for 102...not sure if its the one for nissan/toyota/mitsu

Tiller
08-27-2002, 07:32 PM

i thought it only came in black leather or alluminum...where did u see it in CF?

yeah man, no CF... i got the leather as pictured... got it shipped for $110 from www.optauto.com

Tiller
08-27-2002, 07:34 PM
optauto.com has it for 102...not sure if its the one for nissan/toyota/mitsu

i'm not sure about the guys with the pre 02's... but it will work on the 02 as there is no OD button... it's simply a matter of tightening it to the shaft, and voila... you got a new, cool looking shift knob... :thumbsup:

newsobe
08-28-2002, 11:19 PM
yeah my bad i tought it came in cf sorry.

pinoyesv6
08-28-2002, 11:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>optauto.com has it for 102...not sure if its the one for nissan/toyota/mitsu</div>

i'm not sure about the guys with the pre 02's... but it will work on the 02 as there is no OD button... it's simply a matter of tightening it to the shaft, and voila... you got a new, cool looking shift knob... :thumbsup:</div>

so you got it already? the reason i ask is just because i've mostly seen it for honda/acura and vw and yea if you didn't know already the pattern for the screws on the shaft are different compared to the nissan/toyota/mitsu...

dre24k
09-02-2002, 04:23 PM
for whoever car is pictured in the tutorial why didnt you get the levoc with the wood and chrome to match the wood interior?

changing the color scheme inside to black or cfiber?

i love the wood levoc thats why im asking