PDA

View Full Version : inexpensive car mods

trougtyr
09-25-2016, 12:24 AM
What are some inexpensive things i can do to mod my 8G? I'm talking about within 100$ price range. Before you flame me, I'm only 20 and probably don't make near as much as most you guys 😛

xd_01
09-25-2016, 09:19 AM
clean the "f" out of your interior, cars this old usually have all kinds of stains and want not. I use to keep my interior so clean way back when I had interior. It was my pet peeve, people used to be amazed how clean it was but to be honest when I bought it was good to start with.

Light tints are nice touch but that will put you in the $200 range, de-badging is free but keep the 3 diamonds, blacking out your headlights is free but a pain but for a few hundred you can buy them already blacked out and much nicer then a diy job. If I think of any more ill post up.

trougtyr
09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Okay! I didnt realize how dirty my interior was until i thoroughly cleaned it lol. Thought my shift knob was worn down and losing color but it was just dirty asf lol. And i always saw members on here that debadged but i wasnt sure if it was completely legal so i didnt do it lol. Nothing ever happens in this town so the cops fuck with anyone for anything

slammed_8G_ES
09-25-2016, 07:29 PM
Also an engine bay and exterior detail doesn't hurt anyone.. Try that. When I had my civic everyone was surprised to see it as clean as it was inside and out.

trougtyr
09-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Speaking of which,the trim on the drivers side rear door broke off before i bought the car. Can i buy that piece somewhere or do i need a new door?

xd_01
09-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Its available but its not cheap from the dealer. Check ebay

trougtyr
09-25-2016, 10:53 PM
Just search 03 galant door trim?

- - - Updated - - -

I cant find it. Im looking for the trim near the lower part of the door. I messed with the drivers front one today and it looks like it csm be pried right off so im guessing that happened. Cant find another though. Might just go to a junkyard ig

xd_01
09-26-2016, 06:38 AM
Are you talking about the fake wood trim or someth8ng thats part of the door card. If its a part of the door card then i dont remember if its removable. Theres a member here that was parting out a whole car, you should look in the classified section he has a for sale thread there. He might have what you need.

trougtyr
09-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Its on the outside of the car. The little strip on the door that says "galant" except its on the rear door. Mine peeled off

xd_01
09-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Oh I that, yea you can find that at your local pick n pull but it might not be in great shape .

G-spot
10-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Speaking of which,the trim on the drivers side rear door broke off before i bought the car. Can i buy that piece somewhere or do i need a new door?
Ask JuiceJax for this one, he's been going to the junkyards frequently as of late.

TD86_
10-02-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm 18 and I'm broke too xD Right now I'm saving up for a Duraflex VR4 style bumper, about $140 and some
Beige/gold spray paint which will run me another $25 maybe.

Some people get a Mugen Integra lip, prob run you no more than $75 on ebay/amazon.
Lowering springs? Double your budget, but it makes a decent drop. About $200
Or you can get some hubcaps from Kmart for $20 ahaha

trougtyr
10-03-2016, 12:21 AM
I'm 18 and I'm broke too xD Right now I'm saving up for a Duraflex VR4 style bumper, about $140 and some
Beige/gold spray paint which will run me another $25 maybe.

Some people get a Mugen Integra lip, prob run you no more than $75 on ebay/amazon.
Lowering springs? Double your budget, but it makes a decent drop. About $200
Or you can get some hubcaps from Kmart for $20 ahaha

Yeah I'm getting the mugen lip in payday,hopefully the install goes smoothly lol

TD86_
10-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Yeah I'm getting the mugen lip in payday,hopefully the install goes smoothly lol

Cool, post pics when you install it! lol

Mishk@MMC
10-13-2016, 11:44 AM
$140-cool. Does anybody know why Duraflex wants another $150 for delivery to other states?
Ebay cost+delivery to Illinois $292.