PDA

View Full Version : CATBACK HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

galant2kde
08-26-2002, 11:42 PM
hey guys, you all know and herd of catbacks and cat back exhuast, well what if i decide to just take the cheap way and go to a home depot and buy a 2 1/4 inch pipe take off the catback and weld the new 2 1/4 pipe on , now

will the car be louder?
will it mess up the engine?
will it hold and not mess anything else up in the car? cumbustion ratios anything?

please help me out ... thanks

galant2kde
08-26-2002, 11:47 PM
by the way im only saying runing the pipe from the engine to the end of the cat not all the way to end of the car...and what will happen if i take off the muffler and just weld a pipe from where the muffler was to out the bumper will that screw up the car too? or will it just make it louder?

Black2k1GTZ
08-26-2002, 11:59 PM
Don't waste your time or your money if you are going to go about it like that...you will cause more problems then it is worth!!! Chances are the pipe will not hold up to the pressure and the tempreture. Plus it will probably sound like shit and not offer any performance becuase you will not be able to bend the pipe properly...

Like I said...save the extra money and get it done properly!!

Marc :mg:

galant2kde
08-27-2002, 12:11 AM
kk thanks

Galant01
08-29-2002, 08:58 PM
Mienike did mine for about $250. They made to pipe and installed the muffler. They did an amazing job. It is perfect and sounds great.

TJC
08-29-2002, 09:16 PM
If you want to save some money, find a cheap muffler. BGR just posted on a sale in another thread about Arospeed mufflers. You can get a decent cheap muffler and any decent muffler shop will be able to custom the rest of the piping for you up to the main cat. This will already be plenty loud as you will be getting rid of your resonator. The reputable muffler shop can mandrel bend the piping and install it for you with hangers too.