PDA

View Full Version : Benz type dual exhaust?

BIGMONEYDAY
05-12-2003, 02:52 PM
What do you guys think about this type of dual exhaust I found for the Mercedes Benz W140?
http://www.koenig-specials.com/mercedes/mb-w140.html ('http://www.koenig-specials.com/mercedes/mb-w140.html')

Even though I have thought about something like this before, this confirms the fact that this is a feasible idea. I mean if a product like this is offered as a sport exhaust system for a Benz, it has to be worth it...right? If you guys think this is a project worth trying, I think I'll check at a couple of local muffler shops specializing in performance mods. I know it's not a true "dual" set up...but its something.

Auto-9
05-12-2003, 03:46 PM
That's actually also how the BMW M5 and M3 exhaust works...the exhaust goes into one muffler that divides the gases. Few cars actually come with true duals...off the top of my head I can only think of Mustangs, Corvettes etc...muscle cars.

00GTZ00
05-12-2003, 03:59 PM
That's actually also how the BMW M5 and M3 exhaust works...the exhaust goes into one muffler that divides the gases. Few cars actually come with true duals...off the top of my head I can only think of Mustangs, Corvettes etc...muscle cars.

well kinda, Mustang = 2 exaust manifolds that run into 1 Cat then back out to duels so they are not a true duel. F-bodys = 2 exaust manifolds that go into 1 cat which goes into 1 2.75" I-pipe to the muffler which exits through the muffer as 2 exaust tips (like the benz) and I belive that the corvette is set up like the mustang. off the top of my head I cannot think of a "TRUE" duel exaust system that comes on any car from the factory.

BIGMONEYDAY
05-13-2003, 09:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I cannot think of a "TRUE" duel exaust system that comes on any car from the factory.</div>

I was primarily thinking of aftermarket exhaust setups for those type car, rather than the stock set-ups. Especially since there are so many "H" and "X" pipe setups for these rides. But now since I've found a picture of this setup, I think I'll print this out to show some area muffler shops who deal with performance exhaust setups, to see what they can make for me. If they come up with anything, I'll keep you all posted.

pinoyesv6
05-13-2003, 10:18 AM
im looking at this setup and it does give ideas.

chances are ur gonna have to buy a universal muffler that doesn't come with a tip. then you would have to buy a pair of tips so that they can match. also a larger sized tip, either a dual or a big single tip would be needed so that you can conseal the piping going to the other side of the car.

another concern i have is the undercarriage of the car. i haven't been under my car in a while but there could be a space issue with how to run the piping to the other side without it being seen or rubbing with the underside of the car.