PDA

View Full Version : My Tranny Went out!!

El Niño
05-13-2003, 12:27 PM
I was coming from South Texas on my way to Naples, FLa whe in Mobile, AL after getting gas and turning to the ramp to get back on I-10, my gear just like sliped and RPM's went up....I took my foot off the gas and parked the car on the grass....turned off the car and got out poped hood open and thought I was gonna find something really visibly fucked up.......nothing! Went back in the car, started the car....but none of the gears work..period!

My brother ended up driving up there from Fla. and pulled my car with his truck. I just dropped off my car at this tranny repair place. Now, has this or something similar happened to anybody before? I mean I got a '99 I4 and have 114K on it, but I always do the regular maint. I've changed the tranny fluid twice....last time was in feb. I know I got alot of miles on my 8G, but I never felt any symtoms of the tranny having any problems.

Like i said, my car starts and everything.....I hear a little nise coming from the tranny side in the engine compartment and of course none of the gears kick in.

Any info. will be really appreciated!!!

Nino :cry: :cry: :cry: :twisted: :evil:

VegasMatt
05-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Did you change the fluid with Mitsu Trans fluid?

8ggalant
05-13-2003, 07:10 PM
sorre to here that man...if u got 3-4 g's u can do a 5spd swap :twisted:

oldchevron62
05-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Its funny my 94 Es did that. It had 153xxx

El Niño
05-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Yes I did change the tranny fluid on a regular basis! its gonna cost me around 2g's to rebuild tranny.....a new one would be better, but the dealer said that a brand spankin' new one would run me for $4,700....I was like hell noooooooooo.........

I saw when the mechanic took apart the tranny and there was no dirt, metal bits......he told me that there were only two bad things with it, the torque converter and the silonoid(I think that is the way you spell it!) inside the transmission.

I just hope that this doen't hapen to anybody else.....

2g's.....that could've been the a new set of wheels, springs, CAI, headers..
:cry: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

VegasMatt
05-16-2003, 01:23 PM
For that kind of bread you might be better off spending the additional bucks and getting the Level 10 tranny.

Anyways, Sorry to hear about the Galant.

HeadAche
05-16-2003, 01:47 PM
Damn sorry to hear that bro, i know what your going threw.. Hell my car didnt even do that, its just up and died on me.. I was WTF, either way i didnt really car.. I got a 5spd now, so i guess it was all for the best..