PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start the mod process

sly952
05-13-2003, 09:21 PM
I have a 2002 Mitsu GTZ Fully Loaded. I feel it is time to start the mod process. I am wondering where I should start. I have never done anything before but I love my car and want to make it BAD A**. Also I am not to familiar with all the brands. Any help would be great.

Faction
05-13-2003, 09:24 PM
i say AYE, you want to make it a bad butt car? LOL BAD ASS! you can buy a CAI and exhuast

BigJack
05-13-2003, 09:29 PM
It all depends on what you want and how much you're willing to spend. Do you want show or go? You've all ready got a sweet ass ride but if you want more performance start with a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. I just bought a 2000 ES and my modest plans are as follows:

Intake and exhaust
tints
stereo upgrade
wheels (someday)
lowered (someday)

Good luck and have fun.

HeadAche
05-13-2003, 09:35 PM
I just stay start wherever.. Do what you like to do..

sly952
05-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Do you want show or go?

Right now I want to go. Then I will do some more ascetics to the car. I am looking for some brands that have been put into other mitsu cars to see how they perform. Price is not to much of a problem. In stages if you know what I mean. Thanks

smokinLV
05-13-2003, 10:30 PM
for starters start off with RIMS,RIMS. Then just take it from there, what type of rims do you like? You cant go wrong with chrome, that just my opion.

GaLaNtKeV99
05-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Basic Intro mods:

Clear corners
Tints
CAI
Exhaust
Drop (Springs & maybe aftermarket shocks/struts)
Sound system (headunit, speakers, subs, amps)
Lighting (HID, xenon, hyperwhites, and interior/exterior lighting neons)
Rims (17,18,19)
Body kit
CF EVO hood

etc etc

If you have a big cashflow, than go turbo or supercharge.

Thats just some ideas. It all depends on the $$.$$

Good Luck!

pinoyesv6
05-14-2003, 01:25 AM
you got to sit down an plan things out.

you got to think about waht u think ur car's weakness is. is it peformance, looks comfort, whatever. your car is as strong as its weakest link. and i think u should start there.

plan on what u want to accomplish and what the steps you need to do to make your dream come tru. the last thing u want to do is buy all these parts you won't need later on and would just go to waste. proper planning will help you to get the most of what u want from your car.

Tiptronic
05-14-2003, 06:08 AM
wherever you start, just take your tiome, and do things the right way. BTW, welcome

GaLaNtKeV99
05-14-2003, 12:42 PM
wherever you start, just take your tiome, and do things the right way. BTW, welcome

I agree, dont rush into things without thinking it over.

Supernova
05-14-2003, 04:56 PM
First things first.... clear the corners.

Heres how to do it.

http://www.gatgc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33 ('http://www.gatgc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33')

Lazarus
05-14-2003, 06:16 PM
you got to sit down an plan things out.

you got to think about waht u think ur car's weakness is. is it peformance, looks comfort, whatever. your car is as strong as its weakest link. and i think u should start there.

plan on what u want to accomplish and what the steps you need to do to make your dream come tru. the last thing u want to do is buy all these parts you won't need later on and would just go to waste. proper planning will help you to get the most of what u want from your car.

I agree the first mod you should get right now is the driver. Do some home work first on what yur car is capable of then decide what needs imporvement and where you would like to go with your car. if your looking for a car to tear up the track then you won't need every suspension mod we have and if your thinking about autocross or something like that then you know you need suspension and brakes. power isn't the top of the list. (but it does help) if your trying to do allaround see what is the easiest to get. I have to stress doing your homework before you go out and buy parts. Also (i know I am gonna hate myself for sayin this) but be sure you know what you want to do with your car and stick with it. I know I have been back and forth about alot of stuff from engines to the color of the car. and if I had taken the time and saved the money I wouldn't have to skip show season this year. but I'm stuck pretty much and back to teh drawing board.

Kalamidad
05-14-2003, 06:27 PM
take it slow, and think things through, trust me.

verywhite01
05-15-2003, 05:32 AM
Definatly think it through, take it one step at a time if you want go search around the boards and see waht other people have, it is hard to get a real HP gain form these cars, but if you can be paitent and have the cash than more power to you and welcome to the board. But please dont rush into something that you will not finish or regret, better to think it out than jump into something and only do it half assed.