PDA

View Full Version : aye, aye, aye...

Tiller
08-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Welp, i tried to clear my corners this morning... what a fuckin joke that was... the hardest part was trying to get that reflector out of place...

i ended up getting it to pop out, and went on my way cutting it up, and got all the pieces out, but it looks like it did a pretty good job on the reflector... i'm not liking the scratches on it... they are very slight, but it just bugs the shit outta me... also, there are small shards kinda sticking to the reflector in there too, and i can't get them out...

i'll be ordering a new right side headlamp ASAP...

where's the cheapest place on line to get OEM parts, cause that thing needs to be replaced... :roll:

ahhh well, live and learn ya know... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 11:04 AM
if you watch the video that i have posted closely, u can see how to take out the reflector without scratching the lense or the reflector. as for the lil shards on the reflector, all u need to do is wash the headligths with distilled water

o yea as for the sratches...mine are all scratch to hell...here's a pic, can u see it, i scratched the lens the reflector, u name it i probably scratched it

http://129.2.4.218/TGC%20Files/Member%20Files/PinoyESV6/Pictures/1.jpg

Tiller
08-27-2002, 11:07 AM
man, after going outside and looking at the 2 sides, i actually prefer the uncleared side...

i think on a darker colored car, it would look good, but i'm just not diggin' that there is no separation without the amber... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

ah well... anyone need a drivers side headlamp...?

Tazz2000
08-27-2002, 11:11 AM
How much u want for it? I'm lookin to do that projector mod, and I wouldn't mind having a light to work with so I know how easy the second side is gonna be.

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 11:14 AM
i'd keep it uncleared for a coupple more days. i was like that too but yea i started to like it more and more. you might just not be used to it yet

96TEXASgalant
08-27-2002, 11:17 AM
I have a 7g and just replaced the headlights. I got them from www.autopartstreet.com, I only paid $107.00 vs. 250 from the dealer. Also you can try www.junkyarddog.com, after I ordered from the first site I just tried the junkyard site and got some better offers. Not too much cheaper but check them out, hopefully this helps. :?:

Fishboy55
08-27-2002, 11:57 AM
You're not alone, I scratched the lens on the drivers side cuz it was my first one. The passenger side I used what I learned from the first one and it's fine. Like Allan said, give it a few days. You may learn to like the look more.

Chip

J. T. Z.
08-27-2002, 01:09 PM
I scratched the hell out of mine too. I thought when I did mine it would be easy (that's what everyone told me) and it turned into a huge project. You'll grow to like them. I would leave them on for a few days and see if they grow on you. If not go to a junkyard to find a cheap price on them. Or if you want to buy them from the dealer go to www.donherring.com.

Tiller
08-27-2002, 02:10 PM
it does not look bad... i just can't stand that fact that those little shards are in there... and the only way to get them out is to flush the light with water, which i have neither the time or patience to have my headlamps off the car for 24-48 hours to completely dry out...

i ordered a new lamp from the Keith at DelRay Mitsu...

That's 200 bones i could have blown on something else, but ahh well...

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 03:57 PM
it does not look bad... i just can't stand that fact that those little shards are in there... and the only way to get them out is to flush the light with water, which i have neither the time or patience to have my headlamps off the car for 24-48 hours to completely dry out...

i ordered a new lamp from the Keith at DelRay Mitsu...

That's 200 bones i could have blown on something else, but ahh well...

its quick for it to dry. just use distilled water and u won't have water spots. just flush it and then stick the good ole hari dryer on there on low. and it should dry up really quick

Coldshot
08-28-2002, 11:08 AM
tiller, i have a pretty big scratch on my right side, but its hardly noticable, you have to really look at it. personally i think the cleared corners look tight on silver cars, just go to pep boys and get the silver bulbs and it will look even better