PDA

View Full Version : cam gears and pulleys

leadfoot
05-14-2003, 08:37 PM
ive got the cam gear now and i was thinking of getting pulleys are they worth it or are they just little power and alot of headache down the road?

Lazarus
05-14-2003, 09:46 PM
I have the pulleys on now and they run fine. I noticed a little more pull since I had them put on I know Mante saw like 5 hp I think from installing his ear and having it tuned. Together they will go well but IMO I would get a Cam to go along with the Gear. I just can't see the point in retarding a stock cam. that's just my .02 but if your going for performance with not a $30,000 stereo with TVs and neon lights everywhere then the Pulleys are good. and the cam gear is good to.

leadfoot
05-15-2003, 05:52 AM
i wish i knew how much the RPW can shafts were ive emailed them and they didnt give e a number just vague discription. if anyone hae any puley's for sale them would like to buy them.

Lazarus
05-15-2003, 06:19 AM
ok all together the Cams are gonna be about $535. depending no which cam you want. one of the Stage 2 Cams, Turbo or not are gonna require valve springs. the stage 1 Cams are gonna be a little less about 150 less because you won't need the spings. I had a set but tehy sent me the wrong one so I sent it back and I am waiting on RPDubya to send me another one. drop off an email to [email protected] they will be able to let you know everythnig.

leadfoot
05-15-2003, 02:15 PM
is that including the gears,shafts and springs?