PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Pistons

Lazarus
05-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey Are their Turbo Pistons that you can Drive on without having the Turbo on? Like say you don't have the money to do it all at once so you part it all together or is it just a better idea to do the pistons at the same time as the Turbo? Not for me for someone else... :twisted:

HeadAche
05-14-2003, 11:15 PM
That i know of, there arent any Turbo pistons per say, but you can use low comp pistons, which act as the samething.. Im still usig my JE pistons at the moment and i pulled everything out the motor, but you already know that LAZ

peanotation
05-14-2003, 11:20 PM
yeah, i think low compression pistons are ok.

DJ Galant
05-15-2003, 01:29 AM
they are ok , of corse. though u will notice a little loss of hp, due to the lower compression if there is no turbo on low compression.

HeadAche
05-15-2003, 09:38 AM
they are ok , of corse. though u will notice a little loss of hp, due to the lower compression if there is no turbo on low compression.

THe power loss is noticeable but not very drastic.. Im waiting on a set of High compression pistons, so i go all motor route again..

HiperSilver
05-15-2003, 05:15 PM
yup, get some custom made JE pistons, they are expensive though compared to other companies but very very high quality.. 8.5 is a nice comp for a turbo, somewhere in that range.

TWISTED II
05-15-2003, 05:34 PM
the pistons i have are 8.8, and i will be driving with them without a SDS for a few weeks.