PDA

View Full Version : SunRoof

VicDamone
05-15-2003, 11:18 AM
:twisted: Anybody ever get an aftermarket sunroof put in? If so, is this adviseable or not? :twisted:

balln8g
05-15-2003, 11:58 AM
I did on another car I used to have...

it's OK, except for the fact that it'll be one of those pop up sunroofs and not a mechanical one, unless you do like a Hollywood Top or something. I am still debating the Hollywood Top for my 8g...I think it would look hot, but then I would have to get rid of my 15" screen :cry:

VicDamone
05-15-2003, 01:54 PM
:twisted: Why can't you get a mechanical one...anyone know... :twisted:

balln8g
05-15-2003, 04:05 PM
You can if you wanna spend some serious cash......

it will be easier to trade in your G-ride for another with a moon roof.

Reelax
05-15-2003, 04:11 PM
mine was put in by my dealer as part of the purchase deal (there were no ES V6 available w/ sunroof when i bought mine... they were made but not available). mine works exactly like the stock version but the switch is between the fog light and mirror switches, not near the dome light. it has never failed and never leaked. you just have to get the right installer to do it. i don't know exactly how much it cost because it was part of the financing... estimated cost is about $1500.

galantv600
05-15-2003, 08:19 PM
hey reelax... you got pics of your switch or w/e.... im hoping to get one installed in mine but need to know where would be a good place... dealer for sure? or maybe someone else? cause they making a hole in my roof... wanna know they doing it right!! how long did it take them to do it???

peanotation
05-15-2003, 08:25 PM
i have a friend who installs custom windows into houses, and its basicaly the same co ncept as a car. this summer i'm going to make a hole in my roof in a perfect circle, slightly bigger than a basketball. i'm gonna have him just put in a non-mechanical moonroof, or basically just a window that u can't move at all between the inside and outside. i think it'd look pretty good and would let some light in during the day, and at night would be awesome. its basically gonna be another window...but on top of the car in a perfect circle.

balln8g
05-16-2003, 12:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have a friend who installs custom windows into houses, and its basicaly the same co ncept as a car. this summer i'm going to make a Â*hole in my roof in a perfect circle, slightly bigger than a basketball. i'm gonna have him just put in a non-mechanical moonroof, or basically just a window that u can't move at all between the inside and outside. i think it'd look pretty good and would let some light in during the day, and at night would be awesome. its basically gonna be another window...but on top of the car in a perfect circle.</div>

Why not do a Mitsu symbol instead????? I think that would look better than a circle...IMO.

TITAN
05-16-2003, 02:36 PM
:rockon: THAT WOULD BE TIGHT, BUT PROLLY LOT MO' MONEY.

New G Man
05-21-2003, 11:55 AM
I had an after market moonroof installed in my 2001 by All American sunroof. These are the same people who install for the Dealers in the area. I'm very happy with it!