PDA

View Full Version : Manybrews tranny quest

IllestGalant
05-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Hey manybrews you have a lot of dealer experience so i thought you might be able to give me more insight on if this is common...
when the car is idling a rattle type ticking noise is coming from the tranny in drive, if i put it in reverse it makes the noise for a second, goes away for a second and then comes right back. in park and neutral the noise as gone. also noticed that the car doesn't even have to be running. if the key is in the on position and i shift it into drive or reverse the rattling noise is very loud and coming from the tranny. Have you had this concern before? This is a replacement tranny from mitsu dealer with 5,000 miles on it. It has done this since the day i put it in.

pinoyesv6
05-15-2003, 10:24 PM
i got the same thing going on. uhm my mechanic said it was the flex plate. but then the boys @ the dealer said they'd have to have my car for a day or so to listen and find out why its really making that problem.

manybrews
05-15-2003, 10:41 PM
if the noise happens when the car isnt even running, it has NOTHING to do with the flex plate.

chances are youre only hearing the cycling of the shift solenoids, but its hard to say for sure... they are noticable, but relatively quiet. You usually cant hear them over the running engine.

that said, they are really the only things capable of making the type of noises your talking about.

IllestGalant
05-18-2003, 11:15 PM
thats what i was thinking. i am pretty sure that it is too loud to be normal