PDA

View Full Version : JDM headlight

Sillyasianz
05-17-2003, 01:20 AM
Hey there guys. Alright I have JDM headlights and I had some serious electrical problems. Its all fixed but now I look under my hood and there is a mess of wires and electrical tape near the headlights. I was told by CALI that I can replace my two headlight sockets w/ H7 harness, but what about the turn signals? After getting the car back from the shop the turns seemes to just be force to fit on. Also they look dimmer, I think their the wrong harness and plug compared to before. Anyway, I want to know that kind of harness turn signal to get so that it fits perfectly to the turn socket? Help me Im an idiot when it comes to these things. (i may not even be making sense) I wanna buy all the new harness, cut all the stock, put the new, clean it up and put silicone housing over it all to make it look "clean". Would it be too hard torewire from the fuse box versus just cutting near the fuse box and connecting the old/new?

Reelax
05-17-2003, 02:01 AM
the JDM headlights will accept the stock 1157 harness and socket if you trim down the wide tabs to make them narrow. when you look at the socket (grey plastic, NOT the housing) from the front where you put the bulb in, there are 3 narrow tabs and 1 wide one... make the wide one the same as the narrow ones and it will fit and twist just like stock.

as far as the bulbs, just get female spade connectors big enough to fit on the H7 bulbs. just clip the wires drectly to the bulbs. the H1 only has 1 terminal... that is the postive; use a femal spade onnector for that. for the h1 negative, just put a ring connector on a tapped ground wire and screw it under the screw that holds the H1 retaining clip.

btw, i am using a modified H7/H1 heavy duty harness w/ relays wired directly to the battery... bypassing the stock wiring except for the triggers. i got it at http://www.suvlights.com ('http://www.suvlights.com')

Sillyasianz
05-17-2003, 03:17 AM
hey but i want a new socket turn signal. I need the wire and the grey socket plug. from there I plan to do the mod to make it brighter, do u know the oem part number for it, or what to search under exactky on google.com?

Reelax
05-17-2003, 02:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sillyasianz)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey but i want a new socket turn signal. I need the wire and the grey socket plug. from there I plan to do the mod to make it brighter, do u know the oem part number for it, or what to search under exactky on google.com?</div>

i don't know the exact part numbers but i get mine from Millier Nitsubishi in Van Nuys. just tel them the art you need and they can get it... i think they have it in stock and they are about $8.00 each.

Sillyasianz
05-17-2003, 08:43 PM
hey thanks alot man