PDA

View Full Version : AMSS Dp questions

wmaharrisjr
05-20-2003, 11:43 AM
I am really and truly conidering the AMSS dp now, I heard they are kinda ready I just have a few questions.

1. I have a fed spec car what type of real gains will I be noticing I wanna get decent HP from a ~ $500 part.

2. What is the noise like, How would it sound with a "quiet muffler" such as a Remus or a Borla?

3. I live in Chicago so I will definitely need a coated one, or will i just come out better my self with some high temp paint i have lect over form my caliper painitng.

Has anyone experienced a SES problem yet.

Thanks for all your help

pinoyesv6
05-20-2003, 11:57 AM
since u said u had a fed spec, u don't have a choice of getting it coated or not. you can only choose the coated one.

as for sound, from previous reviews i've heard that the downpipe has made the car have a growl to it. like an agressive type growl, even with the stock muffler. visit club 3g for more reviews on the sound since more owners there have it.

same thing with the power issue. headers and downpipes haven't really had a big power gain on our cars. but dollar for dollar wise im pretty sure that the downpipe would be cheaper since the downpipe is about half the cost of the headers and the gains on the headers aren't that much, especially since u got the fed spec car which are really similar to aftermarket type headers.

Auto-9
05-20-2003, 12:48 PM
You will probably notice little gain, most likely 7 to 10 whp max on a Fed spec. The primary restriction in a Fed spec is in the single catalytic converter I hear, so the downpipe's freer flowing cat will help you out there. As for sound Pinoy is right, there's a really nice growl to the car but if you decide to upgrade your entire cat-back be prepared for more noise. When I did my exhaust all of a sudden it sounded like I took off my entire cat-back...guess I went a bit too free flowing.

wmaharrisjr
05-20-2003, 02:27 PM
ok thanks for your help. I have received a lotta help from you two in the past and I really appreciate it. I can't get in touch with AMSS right now do any of you know what the wait time is, and also I am getting the DP for the eclipse right.

p.s. Thank GOD for tax returns. Thants how most pay for parts