PDA

View Full Version : Removing tint clue from window

Kalamidad
05-20-2003, 12:27 PM
i took of my tint in the winter. Needless to say, it the temp was below zero and all the clue remained int the windows. I took off the clue from the doors with a blade, but i do not want to try it for the rear window because i know i'll mess up my antenna and window defroster. Is there a chemical or another technique i can use?

VA_LANCER_RACER
05-20-2003, 01:08 PM
nail polish remover

PUNISHER
05-20-2003, 04:08 PM
goo- gone!!!

NightHawkTL
05-21-2003, 01:26 AM
so nail polish remover would work for the back window? not the actual tint removal thing that i used for my front windows?? how would I/we (MY Mitsu) take the tint off without damaging the lines in the back? i was told to carefully peel and use a brillo pad.. but i dunno... and is it time consuming? cuz I was told by some shops that it takes as much time to take off just the rear window then to even put tint on all the windows...
when i pulled the fronts off it took like half hour tops..

Jeff
05-21-2003, 06:35 AM
it can be very time consuming...personally, i use ammonia slightly diluted in water. make sure you have alot of ventilation...shit is harsh. take your time and your window will be spotless.

dmc888
05-21-2003, 09:21 AM
i'm with evil gtz. use goo gone. its made from oranges i think. so it should be safer.

definitely do no want to scratch the lines in back. i would use a some rags to take it off or maybe a dishwashing sponge, the rough side. take your time and rub along the lines.

Kalamidad
05-21-2003, 06:29 PM
so nail polish remover would work for the back window? not the actual tint removal thing that i used for my front windows?? how would I/we (MY Mitsu) take the tint off without damaging the lines in the back? i was told to carefully peel and use a brillo pad.. but i dunno... and is it time consuming? cuz I was told by some shops that it takes as much time to take off just the rear window then to even put tint on all the windows...
when i pulled the fronts off it took like half hour tops..

what ever you do, do not use billo.
all my glue stayed behind because of the weather (-0 at the time). The best way to take it out is as follows.
Now that it is warm, just let your car sit in the sun for about an hour until it gets really hot inside. Then, pill the tint of slowly. All the clue will come off with the tint. Trust me i've done this a million times. It will also work for the rear window with the defroster and the antenna inside the window like we have it.

I had my heat on when i took off my tint in winter but it was not enough. It has to be really hot.

Thanks to everyone else for the response.