PDA

View Full Version : Using an Eclipse cat-back exhaust?

blakstarz73
08-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Is it possible to use the cat-back exhaust system for an Eclipse on a Galant? I figured since you can use most things from Eclipse on a Galant, I just wanted to know if any1 has tried using one. I saw a cat-back kit on Ptuning.

Thanks

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 05:29 PM
it will work but you got to cut and chop it up since the galant is longer than the eclipse. IMO its not worth it unless u can't find the muffler universally just because, one of the reasons to have a cat back is to get the most power u can get from specific bends and for easy installation. cutting and chopping defeats both those purposes

blakstarz73
08-27-2002, 05:38 PM
Ohh ok...... Actually, I already have a muffler and I really dont want to get rid of it, but if I can add on to it, that would be better. I have Bosal muffler so can I add on to that w/o gettin' a whole kit?

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 05:39 PM
Ohh ok...... Actually, I already have a muffler and I really dont want to get rid of it, but if I can add on to it, that would be better. I have Bosal muffler so can I add on to that w/o gettin' a whole kit?

indeedy. just get your local exhaust shop to bend u some new piping

blakstarz73
08-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Thanks man.....about what size pipe would I need and also what type of catalyic conveter would be good to get or should I just stick with the stock one and just change the pipe?

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Thanks man.....about what size pipe would I need and also what type of catalyic conveter would be good to get or should I just stick with the stock one and just change the pipe?

do a search...thats been discussed many a times