PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired of being slow.....

MitsuRacer
05-21-2003, 08:27 PM
I have always considered my car to be pretty quick. With 42K miles it can still take alot of 4cyl. So far I only have the BGR Intake Mod, and a performance muffler, which as we know doesnt do much. All my friends have faster cars, and I've always been ok with that until tonight. I left work with my friend Mike who has a Sentra SE-R Spec V and some other kid who has a RSX-S. We popped onto the highway and started flooring and they blow me away the second we go off the on-ramp. It wouldnt have been so bad if I didnt have a hot chick in the car who I was taking home. My car needs to be faster. Its a 2K1 ES I4. I had about $500 but I just dropped 200 on lowering springs so currently I have $300 to buy a performance part. I always read this section and you guys clearly know what your doing so I'm asking whats the best part with the most power I can get for 3 bucks. Just reply on here or pm me, whatever you want just someone give me some ideas to give me some boost. From now on I'm dumping my money into performance instead of looks. Thanks. :twisted:

escoson
05-21-2003, 08:58 PM
do what im doin, just save up some more money and then go supercharged or turbocharged. it mite take a few months to save but its gonna be well worth it

J
05-21-2003, 09:15 PM
hot chick in car?

use that money and take her to a bar. then brainwash her with alcoholic goodness. she'll think you're driving an M5

8)

Supernova
05-21-2003, 09:33 PM
If you want mad speed... Galant ain't the thing. But, you could throw down a turbo or supercharger and heat things up a bit.

leadfoot
05-21-2003, 09:41 PM
get a ripp supercharger and you be pulling mid 14's meaning you will eat both your freinds for breakfast after the supercharger if you get it. if 3200 now plus instalation. and if you want to be faster built you motor and a shot on top of the S/C.

Gilhuly
05-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Nobody answered the question as asked. Get an underdrive pulley for the crank for about a hundred.

If you haven't done it, get some good plugs and wires to help make the most of what you've got.

Use your gears. The car will feel much more responsive over 2500-3000 rpms and not bog down in downshifts - free.

When the hot chick is talking look at her like you're listening, don't interrupt and when she's done say something like , "yeah, I know how you feel" or something to indicate that you are listening! Again, free

balln8g
05-22-2003, 03:48 PM
$300..???????

Try the for sale forum....I've seen a few peeps getting rid of some gently used nitrous kits for around that price....

HeadAche
05-22-2003, 03:54 PM
$300..???????

Try the for sale forum....I've seen a few peeps getting rid of some gently used nitrous kits for around that price....

I agree with you on this one.. nitrous is probably the only way your going to be able to keep with the V-spec and Rsx-S.. I would say a good cam gear and pulley's would help with mid-high range power.. You wont be able to beat them, but you will be able give them a run for there money..

Xavier22
05-22-2003, 04:23 PM
i hear ya, man - i got a I-4 also, just bear w/ it,, i guess!!! or like others example of the performance products u can get to help u in that dept.!

galantv600
05-22-2003, 05:43 PM
hot chick in car?

use that money and take her to a bar. then brainwash her with alcoholic goodness. she'll think you're driving an M5

8)

LMAO!! i agree!!!