PDA

View Full Version : piping fitment

mass
05-22-2003, 04:01 AM
ok....well there r tons of turbo systems out for the i4 eclipses now....and just curious if the piping would sit perfectly in the 8g i4....i know it should hook up with no problem.....but i wonder if it would sit in perefectly....with out hitn anything or anything being in its way.....i know the engine bay of the galant is bigger....but over veiwing pics of a turboed i4 eclipse and a i4 galant with intake looks like it could fit....i dunno maybe someone knows...

HeadAche
05-22-2003, 04:09 PM
ok....well there r tons of turbo systems out for the i4 eclipses now....and just curious if the piping would sit perfectly in the 8g i4....i know it should hook up with no problem.....but i wonder if it would sit in perefectly....with out hitn anything or anything being in its way.....i know the engine bay of the galant is bigger....but over veiwing pics of a turboed i4 eclipse and a i4 galant with intake looks like it could fit....i dunno maybe someone knows...

You would encounter filament issues right in front of the radiator where the turbine itself will sit.. I havent taken measurements yet, but from what i have seen on my boyz 3g eclipse and my engine bay, there will be fitting problems, especially from the IC pipping..

DJ Galant
05-23-2003, 01:10 AM
it depands on which piping are u talking about. More than likely, if the setup was on 3g turbo eclipse, an intake pipe will fit perfect, but as far as IC pipings go - it all depands on your location of it. I meas, if somebody was running a FM intercooler, his pipings were more likely made custom, cuz of the intercooler was custom located somehwere, and then they did the pipings. Now on the galant, pipngs will be less complicated but little longer, if u were about to mount a FM....