PDA

View Full Version : i need HONEST opinions

escoson
05-22-2003, 05:49 PM
ok ive been contemplating 4 performance modifications and i want you guys to help me make a decision. ill list the 3 below and you guys tell me wich you think would work best with a $8,000.00 budget.

1. turbo setup with internal mods (ex: pistons, cam, gears, etc)

2. supercharger setup with internal mods (ex: pistons, cam, gears, etc)

3. turbo setup and tranny bulletproofed by level10

4. supercharger setup and tranny bulletproofed by level10
(with #3 & #4 im going to be doing internals but not till a later time because of getting the tranny bulletproofed)

just give me some of you guys/gals opinions and what you would do.

my car is a 2002 es i4 with 10,456 miles

NJ G-sta
05-22-2003, 05:53 PM
hmm what ya mean bulletproofed there is no one gonna rob your tranny. JK hehe... I think u should just get the trubo setup with internal mods. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif That will be good enough...

NightHawkTL
05-22-2003, 05:56 PM
umm #2

Prophet
05-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Supercharger.

HeadAche
05-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Turbo, you have way more boost options with the turbo than you would with a supercharger. Supercharger boost is determined by the boost belt that is used with the blower, and you can only produce as much power 2 how many mods you already have.. With a turbo, psi its controlled by a boost controller, the more internal mods you have the higher boost you can push.

peanotation
05-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Turbo, you have way more boost options with the turbo than you would with a supercharger. Supercharger boost is determined by the boost belt that is used with the blower, and you can only produce as much power 2 how many mods you already have.. With a turbo, psi its controlled by a boost controller, the more internal mods you have the higher boost you can push.

total agreeance with the above. turbo is your best bet for the money, plus there is a lot more support for it out there since turbo is a more popular choice.

Mante
05-22-2003, 07:06 PM

total agreeance with the above. turbo is your best bet for the money, plus there is a lot more support for it out there since turbo is a more popular choice.

I also agree...For kick in the ass turbo is the way to do it. but you will have to do the internals to up the boost. SURVEY SAYS #3

leadfoot
05-22-2003, 08:08 PM
personaly i would get a bullet proof tranny, internals and a supercharger. now correct me if im wrong but does a supercharger make more power for the boost given to the motor and the supercharger kick's in basicaly of the line, i think a 1 or 2k rpm before the turbo even starts to spool. you can make arounf 350whp on this setup on a guestimation.

Auto-9
05-22-2003, 11:40 PM
My personal choice...for the everyday driver a supercharger should be more than adequate. It's less complicated, less parts to bust, and produces plenty of power. For the all out race guy the turbo is the way to go, no doubt about it. Just something to think about...Vortech managed to boost up a 2002 Civic SI to 277 horsepower at the engine with just a supercharger...that's a 117 hp increase. Now if that's not enough for you, I dunno...you just might want a turbo. For a 4 banger I think that's plenty.

DJ Galant
05-23-2003, 01:17 AM
Turbo all the way bro.

Alister_McRae
05-23-2003, 01:40 AM
IMO, it all depends on what you want to do...Like parhelia said, if your just an everyday driver, then SDS is the way to go, and probably get more life out of your engine, but if you want to race, then turbo. But i would say go for number 4, cause no matter what, you will get all that hp, but wont go anywhere, sure you will feel more power, but an upgraded transmission is a must.

8ggalant
05-23-2003, 05:04 AM
turbo set up....
and 5spd? :roll:

if i had 8gs id definately go manual be 4 i boost
my opinion

galantv600
05-30-2003, 11:30 PM
s/c

dunno bout the transmission but probably will need some work there... or u could just seperate the money till ur tranny fucks up or somethin..

the reason u dont want turbo is dat u dont want to have to change oil every 1500... thats what my friend has to do with his after market turbo in his supra.

SinSere
05-31-2003, 11:49 PM
Definately will need a tranny ugrade with either...supercharger for daily driver...turbo for racing...with some nos to kick it into gear.