PDA

View Full Version : 95 galant back from the graveyard

silvergalantguy
05-22-2003, 11:49 PM
hey guys, glad to see TGC still going strong. havent been here for awhile since my 95 Galant S got wrecked last febuary. but thanks to some patience and a good friend it looks like itll be on the road again soon. basically my whole front end got smashed and ripped off, i have some pics id like to post as soon as i figure out how, like i said havent been here for awhile. but as i type its being repaired right now, by the looks of it, should look nicer than before, complete new paint job, front end straightened and rebuilt, added a OEM spoiler while i was at it. i just hope everything engine wise is OK, should be because it still ran even after the wreck just wasnt road worthy. i could use some helpful info on finding a few odds and ends though like a steering wheel, since the air bags deployed its kinda...well....wide open. after i get the basics out of the way my seach continues for some decent aftermarket mods. really want to find a good CAI. saw a pic of one last year but i dont recall the members name. it dropped straight down behind the radiator looked like it was made for it. someone named alukard was real close to getting headers specially for 7G galants, from australia i think. anyways i really hope some of you guys can help out a fellow galant owner. my email is [email protected] thanks for any help cya :twisted:

IllestGalant
05-24-2003, 11:57 PM
your best bet for the airbags and other parts is the mitsu dealership, if you want you can try some salvage yards for better prices, but remember you get what you pay for and your talking about airbags here! As for cai and header, the 94 acura integra gsr intake works by cutting like one inch of the short ram and the header was being sold through visionimports.com but they sold all of them, I am one of them.

silvergalantguy
05-25-2003, 01:54 AM
yea i figured there wouldnt be an easy way around buying the wheel from the dealer. but i dont care for the airbag itself in there, just want to keep the interior all the same, the cruise control switch is on it also. i just bought that intake for the integra on ebay and hopefully itll be here this week. cant wait to get my car back and start working on it though, i took some pics of it today but not sure how to post them up right here. if i figure it out ill put them up.