PDA

View Full Version : Re-finishing rims

Airbus A320
05-23-2003, 02:23 PM
I did a search on this topic and I only found one thing so Im checking to see if anyone else has any info. Does anyone know of a place that will repolish or refinish a set of rims? Im gonna be getting some new rims after my car gets fixed and I want to put the rims I got know on my girls car.

pinoyesv6
05-23-2003, 05:44 PM
i'd break open the phone book and see what kinda shop repairs rims, does poweder coating etc etc. the reason i say break out the phone book is that its ognna be ur cheapest way. if u find a place thats you need to ship your wheels, after shipping and the refinishing the wheels, its gonna be about hte price of a new set of wheels. but yea refinishing hte wheels can be expensive too, even locally, depending on the finish u want and if htere is any damamge to the wheel. u might be better off maybe selling or trading the wheels in and getting ur gurl a new set of rims.

Airbus A320
05-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah Pinoy thats what I think Im gonna end up doing. Just get her a new set of rims. Thanks for the help bro.

Nyr0283
05-23-2003, 09:49 PM
yea its definetly not worth it unless you got an expensive set of rims or a hook-up or something.. my friend went to get his refinished and they wanted $125 per wheel. I'd definnetly get rid of those and just get your girl a new set

escoson
05-23-2003, 10:24 PM
if there expensive wheels (400+ a piece) its worth refinishing, or if u cant get them any more and there your favorite wheels itwould be worth it. all in all i think it depends on what u think about getting the wheels refinished. i have some curb and pothole damage on my giovanna nagano 18's and i got them for 1600 total in a package. im saving my money for something stronger (forged). i mite end up going with volk's or something similar. ive come to realize aluminum isnt worth it and your better off spending the 3k on a set then 1k on a aluminum or chrome set. it also depends on your driving conditions, roads, how your weather is by you. make sure u factor all those in so u dont regret it in the long run if u do get a new set.

IllestGalant
05-24-2003, 11:40 PM
I agree, if the rims are worth something and it is only 125 a piece to refinish and they know what they are doing, i'd fix em

mochanges
05-27-2003, 09:48 PM
www.precisionwheels.com