PDA

View Full Version : Brake Question

edboy
05-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Ok.. Been a long time reader and you guys are awesome on your advice so I'm hoping you can help me out with this. I have a 2000 Galant ES 4 banger and I want to change out the rear brakes from drum to disc. Is there a company that makes an upgrade or am I just better off ripping the parts off a wrecked GTZ or similar.

Thanks in advance.
Ed McLain

NRG
05-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Yes there are ways to do it......I believe AEM or one of the companies make the drum to disc conversion or you can just take the one from a V6 Galant..

But in my opinion, its more trouble than it is worth. Majority of your stopping power is in your front brakes not in your rear. Even after you have change it, you won't feel that much difference....

pinoyesv6
05-25-2003, 01:09 PM
he's right, ur not gonna see a significant change in stopping power by swapping over to a dsic setup.

however if ur car has been in an accident or something and the part of the car needs work or u just want a big brake setup possibly since u got big rims and u wanna fill in the space, then you can do a swap.

if you conduct a search, you'll find a parts list of what u need and possibly even some links on how tio do the swap. with that list u can head over to your local auto recyclers and get the majority of the parts there. thengs like rotors and pads u might want to get new for maximum performance out of the swap. this would also be a perfect time to get a big brake upgrade for the rear if you budget allows.