PDA

View Full Version : Heating

smokinLV
05-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Yo i been driving my car lately and my car is running hot on idle, the temp hand goes down when im driving, but when i stop like at a red lite the hand goes all the way up.

So im asking you guys and gals what can it be?

manybrews
05-24-2003, 12:37 AM
low on coolant.
do NOT use the overflow bottle as an indication as to the amount of fluid in your system, as the hose inside of it is probably kinked or has fallen off.

also, dont EVER drive a car that you know to be overheating. You will instantly void your warranty if mitsu finds out you just continued to drive.

VegasMatt
05-24-2003, 09:45 AM
UntOn,

Remember all the green radiator fluid that is dripping out of your engine when I looked under your hood. You have need to replace your radiator hose clamp, mine did the same as yours and I replaced it now it does not leak.

With that leak your radiator is running low on coolant, so swing by and I will fill you up this weekend. Call me.

clone2020
05-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Check the coolant levels. Check the contact points where the hose meets the radiator/motor and make sure it's not leaking.

I had that happen to me a while ago and it turns out my water pump was damaged.

-Mike.

smokinLV
05-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Yo thanx fellas i really appreciate the info, and matt i will be over saturday ill call you before i leave.