PDA

View Full Version : duplicolor fabric dye

GalantLadie
05-25-2003, 09:33 AM
not sure if this is the right forum for this so mods feel free to better place it
as anyone used this stuff??? just wondering if it where worth it, and how well it worked. i was thinking of picking up a can if i do i'll let u know how it works

PUNISHER
05-25-2003, 04:01 PM
is it paint or a dye, paint works but it makes the fabric hard and rough, dying it will look profesional just make sure you dye it then rinse it off good to see if the dye set to the shade you want.

GalantLadie
05-27-2003, 09:44 AM
i believe it a dye but the only color i have seen it in is black, it says it will dye leather, fabric, vinyl, carpet, headliners, plastic. i just dont wanna use it on my dash and then have it fade and look all weird

pinoyesv6
05-27-2003, 09:46 AM
i believe it a dye but the only color i have seen it in is black, it says it will dye leather, fabric, vinyl, carpet, headliners, plastic. i just dont wanna use it on my dash and then have it fade and look all weird

i know this isn't right but its worth a shot. buy the dye. go to the junkyard and dye the dash there. make suer no1 sees u. come back a few weeks later and see how things turn out.

GalantLadie
05-27-2003, 09:56 AM
i know this isn't right but its worth a shot. buy the dye. go to the junkyard and dye the dash there. make suer no1 sees u. come back a few weeks later and see how things turn out.

lol hmmmm never though of that :twisted:

pinoyesv6
05-27-2003, 10:12 AM
reemmber the junk yard is ur friend. u can call it the practice grounds. u want to try something new on ur car but afraid to mess up your car, try the junk yard. the cars there are already messed up so u got nothing to loose.

but if ur painting or somethign like that don't get caught. if ur just taking the car apart, usually they don't mind.