PDA

View Full Version : cat convertor ?'s

wmaharrisjr
05-27-2003, 09:57 AM
which catalytic convertor do i choose with or without air

Fishboy55
05-27-2003, 10:30 AM
With or without air?? I could only guess thatbthey're referring to air conditioning, but I've never seen a cat sold that way. If your car is a cali spec, you already have a hi-flow cat, so no need to spend the money to replace it.

pinoyesv6
05-27-2003, 10:40 AM
with or without air. means with or without an air tube.

this one has an air tube on the side

http://www.catalyticonverters.com/images/products_images/4180.jpg

i haven't researched what the air tube is for but that clarifys with or without air.

as for do u need the air tube. im almost positive that u need the one without the air tube

D03GTZ
05-31-2003, 07:54 PM
that air tube is for emissions. the air pump pumps air into the cat for oxidation purposes.
im 99% sure that ours arent like that. actually im now 100% sure that we dont have that inlet.
peace

toc8g
05-31-2003, 10:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>With or without air?? I could only guess thatbthey're referring to air conditioning, but I've never seen a cat sold that way. If your car is a cali spec, you already have a hi-flow cat, so no need to spend the money to replace it.</div>

HighFlow!!??? I haven't felt any Highflow around on my car!!??? And where did you learn this interesting fact???? I know the oem fed spec will beat a oem cali spec anyday.

Fishboy55
06-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey, that's what I was told, and I noticed that the Cali and Fed specs Cats have different part numbers. (at least on the V6) So I checked with the service manager at my dealership and he told me that the cali spec had a hi-flow cat. It made sense to me, so I believed it. Sorry if I repeated misinformation.

Chip

D03GTZ
06-02-2003, 06:53 PM
high flow on cali spec? i wonder why this would be? doesnt sound right to me but im still getting used to california emissions laws