PDA

View Full Version : glove box

stan6199
05-28-2003, 07:28 AM
How to remove the glove box? When I turn on my AC, there is a strange sound that comes from there. I would like to remove the glove box to check what sound it is.

QnzMostWanted
05-28-2003, 07:37 AM
release the clip from inside the box on teh left side and it drops down, 3 screws for the door and the all the screws for the frame

silvergalantguy
05-28-2003, 07:53 PM
what kinda sound is it exactly. is it a constant clicking sound. if so its probably the module that opens and closes the vents in the car for air circulation. i think the button is right next to the AC switch (dont have my car right now so i cant be sure). i was on the freeway and it just started out of nowhere, "click,click,click,click" bugged the hell out of me. as long as i left it it closed it wouldnt do it. you do have to open the glove box to get to it, i think its a rectangular black box. it was about $80 from the mitsu dealership. i just left it closed, windows got kinda fogged during winter though. ill probably fix it once i get my car back.

DSMNUT
05-28-2003, 09:23 PM
You might also look down your vents and see if that stupid foam insulation has come lose on the ducts. Mine did and everytime you crank the fan up you can hear it blowing around....someday I'll take it apart and fix it I suppose :roll:

Mazarin
05-28-2003, 09:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(En Y Ce Trini)</div><div class='quotemain'>release the clip from inside the box on teh left side and it drops down, 3 screws for the door and the all the screws for the frame</div>

How? I'm always afraid of breaking it(the clips)

pinoyesv6
05-28-2003, 09:37 PM
is it a whining sound? it could be that the blower motor is failing. my car had the same problem.

gost2002es
05-28-2003, 09:40 PM
if you push both sides in at the same time they wont break

stan6199
05-28-2003, 09:46 PM
The sound is not constant. It is like a whining sound, but not very often just sometimes. What could be the problem? blower motor is too dirty? BTW, do we have any air filter over there? Do we need to change it?

pinoyesv6
05-28-2003, 09:48 PM
i had the same problem. it would go on and off. it gets louder when u turn the fan on higher right?

if u want the most life out of what's left of what i think is a blower motor problem, keep the fan on low. i put mine on high to finally kill the motor and got it fixed by the dealer

stan6199
05-28-2003, 09:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i had the same problem. it would go on and off. it gets louder when u turn the fan on higher right? Â*

if u want the most life out of what's left of what i think is a blower motor problem, keep the fan on low. i put mine on high to finally kill the motor and got it fixed by the dealer</div> How much to fix it?

pinoyesv6
05-28-2003, 10:08 PM
that, i can't tell u. i recall manybrews saying it was fairly easy to replace. so i don't think labor shouldn't cost that much. maybe its something u can change urself.

my bill came to around 600 dollars because of other work they had to do back there because of improper repairs from a previous job.