PDA

View Full Version : Blasted door panel!

Supernova
05-28-2003, 11:51 AM
I can't seem to get this door panel off. I've gotten all the screws out, not i just can't get the panel off. Do I just pry it off with, my hands or what?

Thanks.

EDIT: an answer fast would be nice. ^______^

VegasMatt
05-28-2003, 12:42 PM
yes now start in the corner and pry it off with your hands, it comes off real easy.

make sure you have all the screws out, including the ones on the side that are under the snap cap.

The one where the door opener and lock are.

The oneat the bottom of the black handle door closer (inside)

After that, just pry the panel off.

Supernova
05-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Alright, got the panel off. Now for the hard part. :x For one, the cables for the window and door controls is holding the panel in a position that makes it hard to get to the screws holding the trim piece in. There is one screw, that if I could ever get out, the piece and the controls would come of. But its in a terrible position and can't get to it good at all.

Any suggestions if you know what i'm talking about?

VegasMatt
05-28-2003, 02:01 PM
Just disconnect the window/lock clip.

You get a scrwe driver and bend the contact back and pull it apart.

Supernova
05-28-2003, 03:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just disconnect the window/lock clip.

You get a scrwe driver and bend the contact back and pull it apart.</div>

Well there ya go. I gave up on it for a while, now maybe i'll get back to it. Thanks Matt.

VegasMatt
05-28-2003, 04:44 PM
No Prob.

Let me know how you make out.

Supernova
05-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Its off. Now that I know how to get it off, i'll work on getting the others off tomorrow. Oh, this is so I can paint my trim pieces.

J
05-30-2003, 01:20 AM
don't forget when you screw the trim pieces back in, there's that one screw that goes up into the middle of the plastic piece. don't screw it into too far cuz it'll push out onto the other side.

uh, kinda confusing what i said. just when tightening all the screws be warned don't overtighten.

8)

Supernova
05-30-2003, 09:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J)</div><div class='quotemain'>don't forget when you screw the trim pieces back in, there's that one screw that goes up into the middle of the plastic piece. Â*don't screw it into too far cuz it'll push out onto the other side.

uh, kinda confusing what i said. Â*just when tightening all the screws be warned don't overtighten.

8)</div>

I'll remember that when I'm putting them bacc in. Thanks.