PDA

View Full Version : How do I put my side mirror back on??

creativ73
05-29-2003, 10:02 PM
I knocked my passenger side mirror off. I popped it back on, but it seems like it will fall off without much difficulty. How do I put it bnack on permanently?? Should I use some type of glue or what?

pinoyesv6
05-29-2003, 10:18 PM
is it the whole mirror assembly or just the glass mirror itself? i know the mirror assembly is held in by bolts. and if it comes out easily, you either broke the mounting bolts or maybe damaged the hole that its held in.

creativ73
05-29-2003, 10:29 PM
It is the whole assembly. It looks like it was held in by three bolts or something.

Auto-9
05-30-2003, 12:01 AM
Ouch...I had this happen...twice. Each time I had to take it back to the dealer. In my case, the plastic holes that the mirror bolts into were cracked, which is why the mirror fell out like Pinoy said. Best of luck.

Xavier22
05-30-2003, 08:21 AM
samne w/ my passenger side, mirror - thats what i get for lettting another drive the my g!! - -it broke off the whole mirror assembly, and you could see where the hole that the bolts were screwed into were broken on the point of impact w/ whatever it hit!!!

so, would i need to buy a new mirror or just the mirror assembly thats attached to the car, where u screw in the mirror and bolt it on????????

the mirrors fine, so for now, i just lined it up best as possible and super glued it back on, lol!!! i'm not sure how much longer this will hold, but i just need to know if i should buy cali's passenger mirror that he's selling or is it not necessary!! also, how much p, did the plate cost that the mirror screw ito cost ay @ the dealer???????

any info. appreciated!! good lookin' out

Auto-9
05-30-2003, 10:22 AM
My dealership charged me for a whole new mirror both times...I didn't argue. I suspect all you'd need is the mounting plate though...if the mirror isn't broken. I think your superglue job should hold up fine for a while...superglue has a tension strength of 1 ton per square inch of application and a shear strength (more important in this case I would think) of about 500 pounds per square inch I think. It's very strong stuff that has few vulnerabilities...paint thinner is all I can think of right off the bat.

creativ73
05-31-2003, 06:48 PM
I've been driving around with it as is. I put the mirror back on the bolts for now, and it stays put. Now that I see that someone else has glued theirs and it seems to be working I will probably do the same. What was the cost for a new mirror?

Auto-9
05-31-2003, 08:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(creativ73)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've been driving around with it as is. I put the mirror back on the bolts for now, and it stays put. Now that I see that someone else has glued theirs and it seems to be working I will probably do the same. What was the cost for a new mirror?</div>

About 128 I think...I'll do a search when my browser is more stable...or you can go to http://www.parts.com ('http://www.parts.com') and look it up yourself if you have time.

gost2002es
05-31-2003, 08:10 PM
my mitsu dealer parts dept wanted 142 for the mirror and 105 for installation so around 250 for all.

Dominicano
06-01-2003, 12:01 AM
105 for like 5 minutes of work, that is unreal. check ebay they always have mirrors for our car there. i got a set for 60 bucks

gost2002es
06-01-2003, 12:59 PM
thats what i did. i picked up a set of m3 mirrors for a 94-97 accord for 80 dollars.