PDA

View Full Version : grille :redface:

mistuman
08-28-2002, 09:59 AM
alright i have a 99 es and i hate my grille its crome and my car is black what can i do to it the vertical bars are what really gets me should i just cut them out or can I buy a new grille? any sugestions would be helpful thanks

VegasMatt
08-28-2002, 10:55 AM
Get a grille from a DE Galant, I think those come in black. Either way, I forgot what model it was on, but I did see a black grill on a few galants.

If you want to get trick, I would cut the teeth out of the grille and put in some mesh and paint it black.

Matt

Fishboy55
08-28-2002, 11:21 AM
You can always buy a GTZ grille. They're color matched to the cars. Mine's black.

Chip

pinoyesv6
08-28-2002, 02:44 PM
you can get ur hands on a new grille, mod up ur current grille by cutting out the slats or...you can just paint ur grille to any color u want

Auto-9
08-28-2002, 04:38 PM
Aye the quick and expensive way is to get a grille off of a GTZ or DE...

dicksteel
08-28-2002, 04:59 PM
i am currently in the process of cutting out the teeth and replacing it with mesh. not by choice though. when clearing my corners i broke a couple of pins on my grill. sat, if fell off and i drug it about a 1/4 mile before it popped out from behind my car. so i sanded it down primmed it and am getting ready to paint it black. i'll let you know how it turns out.

MitsuRacer185
08-31-2002, 07:24 PM
i have a black 2K1, i cut out the pilars, sanded it, put in mesh, and went to Pep Boys to purchase some Kalapana paint, and painted it that because believe it or not, when you paint it any old black the difference is totally noticeable. Good Luck!!

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 04:43 PM
if you guys didn't know, kalapana black is jsut a fancy name for str8 ole regular black. there are other shades of black but kalapana black is regular black. many car companies give different fancy names for the same color...

TJC
09-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Good point Pinoy. FYI, dealer doesn't sell paint in spray cans either; I tried. All they have is the little bottles of touchup paints and those don't match exactly either, sheesh.

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 07:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good point Pinoy. FYI, dealer doesn't sell paint in spray cans either; I tried. All they have is the little bottles of touchup paints and those don't match exactly either, sheesh.</div>

don't forget that the color of ur car is constantly changing as it is being exposed to the elements. i took off my front plate frame today so i get some grille mesh under there and yea it was really dirty under there. so i washed it, waxed it etc and guess what...it doesn't match either. just because it hasn't been exposed to the sun and most of that good stuff...so keep that in mind.

DeBull
09-03-2002, 11:03 PM
I posted a pic of my front end a few weeks back i'm sure if u just search for my name DEBULL u will see what i did...