PDA

View Full Version : CAI and Exhaust=?

BigJack
05-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Ok I've got a 2000 ES and want to mod it for a little more performance. I really don't want to do any major engine work or go FI. I just want a little more responsiveness and power. Will a CAI and a axle back exhaust give me any noticeable gains in performance. I really don't want the car to be loud like all those rice boy hondas so the exhaust is not definate.

Alister_McRae
05-31-2003, 05:36 PM
Well with all the money you can spend on just exhaust and CAI, you could buy an upgraded tourqe converter with a cooler, and you will feel much more of a gain than say a cai and exhaust. But this is only for low end power which is what im sure your looking for anyway.

galantv600
05-31-2003, 05:45 PM
i put my single crappy exhaust in first and didnt feel much diference xept for the noise.. then bought the intake and more noise but now i felt more power and actually everysingle gear goes to 6,000 rpms when i race so dats somethin good it didnt do b4!! and now with the duals it sounds better and performs better too!

BigJack
05-31-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey thanks for the replys guys. Yeah I'm not looking for a huge increase but I want a little more. The torque converter sounds cool but seems like a lotta work. I figure I can get the CAI and exhaust on ebay for around 200. So that's pretty cheap. I'm sure the torque converter will be a lot more.

toc8g
06-01-2003, 03:01 AM
Well to be honest I had a 2000 Fed Spec Galant. I had a Injen CAI and a 2.25 mandrel bent custom cat back with my AC AutoTEchnic Muffler. Also I had my ECU moded by JEt which really did nothing except push me hard on top end and highway climbing speed. I had my cam gear installed fooled with it but kept it basically stock settings. With my mods their was a great difference,...you will be beating V6 vehicles I promise the Fed Spec I-4 Galant is a monster. The I-4 Cali Spec Sucks Ass!!!!! I know! I have one now! :wink:

wmaharrisjr
06-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Where can I get the torque convertor and cooler and what prices to expect?

Auto-9
06-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Level 10 can upgrade your torque converter but I hear they're not as bulletproof as they'd like you to think.