PDA

View Full Version : Broken intake on 8G (4 cyl.)

Satan
06-02-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey guys,
Did a search but didn't find anything and think this might be a common problem.

The resonator(?) that attaches to the intake hose, towards/near where the brake-booster is at, has fallen off and I can't get it back on. I taped it up using high heat tape (and got a good seal), but it's not necessarily fixed. What's this resonator for...noise reduction? Should I just remove it and seal the hole it goes into (about 1" diameter)? What have you guys done? THANX

Elvis

Auto-9
06-02-2003, 09:51 AM
You can remove that baffle if you want and seal it like you said. I never had any problems with my car in this area on either one I've owned.

dmc888
06-02-2003, 12:19 PM
its just a silencer. you could try some type of glue. maybe epoxy to put it back on .

or you can just seal off the open area. just make sure you make it air tight and durable. don't want no crap going in your intake.

what i would do is go get an injen or aem intake.

Fishboy55
06-02-2003, 03:23 PM
You won't harm anything by sealing the hole closed. As everyone said, just make sure it's completely airtight. You might want to put a piece of aluminum soda can over it, then seal the whole thing with silicone sealant. That will make an airtight seal when it dries, but be sure and let the silicone cure overnight.