PDA

View Full Version : EGT GAUGE

DJ Galant
08-28-2002, 03:50 PM
2 questions:
1. what is good EGT gauge (that works quick) and that is affordable (around $150) ????
2. What is the leaniest safe temperature for our engine????

Fishboy55
08-28-2002, 04:56 PM
You'll have a hard time finding one at that price. All the ones I've priced our have been in the 200-250 dollar range. Just slightly less expensive than an SAFC. Westach makes a good one, so does ProFlo. Also, keep in mind that the gauge reading will be drastically affected by where you install the probe. I have no idea where the Galant runs, but my Mazda use to run at around 1600 degrees.

Chip

SuperchargedGTZ
08-29-2002, 02:54 PM
i got priced at like 200....why would you want one? are you going to boost soon....otherwise it is a waste. do you have any mods that would effect the fuel/air ratio?? i was thinking of getting one because i am running super rich (i think)...but got an AFC which i think i ruined last night trying to install.

Black2k1GTZ
08-29-2002, 06:24 PM
Ive got the autometer pro-comp series EGT guage. I ordered mine from here ('http://www.nipponpower.com/gauges/gauge/atm_ulfseg.html'). With the probe I think it ran $170 or so. Ive ordered alot of stuff from this site...and they are really good about everything!!!

Marc :mg:

DJ Galant
08-30-2002, 05:06 PM
does anyone know the temperature though????????????????????
if not, who knows- is there any website or technicians that know (any telephone #) so i can ae sure that i am running right temp??????

VegasMatt
08-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Martin,
Send a PM to Manybrews, he might be able to help you.
Matt