PDA

View Full Version : overheating

95vegasgalant
06-02-2003, 04:20 PM
:twisted: Im running hot but not on the red three quarter of the way up and when I opened the hood the resevoir is full and leaking out the overflow tube but when it cools down its all empty in the bottle need help thermostat a year old but it also did it last year. New radiator and hose. :twisted:

rfpa1
06-03-2003, 06:40 AM
Hi:

!) if its overheating, fix it asap. Do not wait you can warp the head.

2) Check the thermostat. Pull it out and run the car for a day without it and see if it overheats. If it does now you know its ok.

3) I will really give it a good flush with the prestone liquid, a couple of times. Use the long time one not the 15 min flush. Do this so you clear the system.

4) get a few gallons of distilled water, fill your system with this and then flush it let it drain, ( I left the water in the system for about a day).

5) refill the system, but use distilled water, mix 1 gallon of antifreeze and 1 gallon of distilled water. and pour from here the mix. I did this on mine after replacing the radiator (90% clogged) and the car runs great. I always have in the car 1 gallon of mixed antifreeze with distilled water.

By the way with distilled water you do not have the minerals on the water that will cause the system to clogg.