PDA

View Full Version : Taking out your dash

Mgalant99
06-03-2003, 05:34 AM
Who has taken out their dash, like the top part of it below the windshield. I was planning on doing something like twistedgtz, except in a diff color, but I was wondering how hard it is to take the dash out, and how do I take the dash out. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

escoson
06-03-2003, 06:36 AM
i think its a few screws but im not entirely sure. im gonna stick around for this because i plan on taking mine out soon to redo it in black.

Mgalant99
06-03-2003, 08:01 AM
Hopefully someone who has done this already can help us out!!!

balln8g
06-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Start off my removing the glove box and the panel beneath the steering wheel. Once you've done that, just take out all the screws that are visible to remove the dash. There's about 10 screws to remove. Also those side panels to access the internal fuses are hiding like 4 screws on each side. I've got pictures of when I took out my dash, I just gotta wait to get home to post them. It's not hard at all, just time consuming.

Mgalant99
06-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Start off my removing the glove box and the panel beneath the steering wheel. Once you've done that, just take out all the screws that are visible to remove the dash. There's about 10 screws to remove. Also those side panels to access the internal fuses are hiding like 4 screws on each side. I've got pictures of when I took out my dash, I just gotta wait to get home to post them. It's not hard at all, just time consuming.

Awesome!!! Can't wait for the pics!!!

gost2002es
06-03-2003, 01:06 PM
ima do this too. ima start painting all the hard plastic this friday. then when thats done im doing all the soft plastic.

Mgalant99
06-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Looks like this will help a couple members!!! Great job!!!