PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket steerin wheel

galantv600
06-03-2003, 08:24 PM
i have a tan interior... but im thinkin of gettin this black steering wheel since our gauge cluster/frame is black! so heres a pic... if yall have pics of new steering wheels on yalls rides.. please post!!!! tell me what you think of this! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33704 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2418035310&category=33704')

pinoyesv6
06-03-2003, 08:26 PM
the wheel looks nice. but im not too fond of losing the airbags...

Jimbo
06-03-2003, 09:09 PM
i have a tan interior... but im thinkin of gettin this black steering wheel since our gauge cluster/frame is black! so heres a pic... if yall have pics of new steering wheels on yalls rides.. please post!!!! tell me what you think of this! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2418035310&category=33704

or you could do something much easier and just change the color of your gauge cluster and frame

peanotation
06-03-2003, 09:11 PM

yeah, its not worth dying man

galantv600
06-03-2003, 09:31 PM
true true! i just remembered that! and once that went into my head... i just loved my steering wheel! lol

TWISTED II
06-04-2003, 12:14 AM
http://www.cj-motorsports.com/cars/mario/mario7.jpg

i like my Momo wheel. when i first got it, i was kidna iffy cuz no airbag. i've noticed i wear my seat belt more often, but, if your not sure about it, i wouldn't do it. but i figured i would give a pic so ya can see what one looks like in the G.

8ggalant
06-04-2003, 12:17 AM
that steering wheel is tight....i 1st saw it when i was in japan...awesome...looks good in yer car man

Alister_McRae
06-04-2003, 12:59 AM
hey twisted, how did you paint your doors, and interior so well, that look off the hook!

TWISTED II
06-04-2003, 08:08 AM
when i got the kit put on, i gave the body shop the interior pieces and they sprayed them. the purple is all new vinyl.

peanotation
06-04-2003, 08:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.cj-motorsports.com/cars/mario/mario7.jpg

i like my Momo wheel. Â*when i first got it, i was kidna iffy cuz no airbag. Â*i've noticed i wear my seat belt more often, but, if your not sure about it, i wouldn't do it. Â*but i figured i would give a pic so ya can see what one looks like in the G.</div>

good god......i want your car

TWISTED II
06-04-2003, 11:30 AM
haha, no you don't. the only thing inside of it is my nice steering wheel. no motor, hasn't run since january, lol. maybe in about a month or so.

HeadAche
06-04-2003, 06:16 PM
What size hub adapter are you using for the steering wheel?

escoson
06-04-2003, 06:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the wheel looks nice. but im not too fond of losing the airbags...</div>

if u want to change the wheel why not do a lancer or lancer evo8 or even a eclipse wheel? all those look real good IMO

Danger DANJ
06-04-2003, 07:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the wheel looks nice. but im not too fond of losing the airbags...</div>

if u want to change the wheel why not do a lancer or lancer evo8 or even a eclipse wheel? all those look real good IMO</div>

I already talked to Gary Evans, the parts dealer from Don Herring Mitsubishi, and he said the EVO 8 wheel will not fit on the Galants. He said the wheel doesn't mount the same and the connection for the airbag is different. Plus list price is $1525.63 and Don Herrings price is $1296.78. That's too much dough for a steering wheel, even if it does have an airbag.

HeadAche
06-04-2003, 07:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the wheel looks nice. but im not too fond of losing the airbags...</div>

if u want to change the wheel why not do a lancer or lancer evo8 or even a eclipse wheel? all those look real good IMO</div>

I already talked to Gary Evans, the parts dealer from Don Herring Mitsubishi, and he said the EVO 8 wheel will not fit on the Galants. He said the wheel doesn't mount the same and the connection for the airbag is different. Plus list price is $1525.63 and Don Herrings price is $1296.78. That's too much dough for a steering wheel, even if it does have an airbag.</div>

Damn for just the steering wheel.. Its not like its a limited production wheel.. For that much money i can buy 10 momo wheels.. Danj, do you know of a place thats sells the OEM JDM VR-4 floor mats?

TWISTED II
06-05-2003, 05:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>What size hub adapter are you using for the steering wheel?</div>

i'm not sure. my buddy ordered it for me cuz he has a wholesale account with Momo. so he just said "hub adapter for a 01 galant" and thats what they sent.

HeadAche
06-05-2003, 10:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>What size hub adapter are you using for the steering wheel?</div>

i'm not sure. my buddy ordered it for me cuz he has a wholesale account with Momo. so he just said "hub adapter for a 01 galant" and thats what they sent.</div>

Okay thanks twisted, guess im calling sparco later today..

Danger DANJ
06-05-2003, 11:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the wheel looks nice. but im not too fond of losing the airbags...</div>

I already talked to Gary Evans, the parts dealer from Don Herring Mitsubishi, and he said the EVO 8 wheel will not fit on the Galants. He said the wheel doesn't mount the same and the connection for the airbag is different. Plus list price is $1525.63 and Don Herrings price is $1296.78. That's too much dough for a steering wheel, even if it does have an airbag.</div>

Damn for just the steering wheel.. Its not like its a limited production wheel.. For that much money i can buy 10 momo wheels.. Danj, do you know of a place thats sells the OEM JDM VR-4 floor mats?</div>

No, sorry. I'm not sure if the VR-4 mats would even fit our US specs. What do they look like?

HeadAche
06-06-2003, 11:09 AM

if u want to change the wheel why not do a lancer or lancer evo8 or even a eclipse wheel? all those look real good IMO

I already talked to Gary Evans, the parts dealer from Don Herring Mitsubishi, and he said the EVO 8 wheel will not fit on the Galants. He said the wheel doesn't mount the same and the connection for the airbag is different. Plus list price is $1525.63 and Don Herrings price is $1296.78. That's too much dough for a steering wheel, even if it does have an airbag.

Damn for just the steering wheel.. Its not like its a limited production wheel.. For that much money i can buy 10 momo wheels.. Danj, do you know of a place thats sells the OEM JDM VR-4 floor mats?

No, sorry. I'm not sure if the VR-4 mats would even fit our US specs. What do they look like?

That i know of, they have Galant VR-4 embroidered into the mat..