PDA

View Full Version : Decent-sounding exhaust

scadguy1980
06-04-2003, 11:33 PM
I just joined, so I don't know how many times this has been answered, but I would very much appreciate the help. I have a fed-spec 2000 8g i4, and I would like an exhaust that doesn't sound like fart can/ricer crap. I want one that sounds higher pitched, like the ones that sound like crotch-rockets or Ferraris. I don't want to mess with custom jobs either, not knowing how in going to sound. Can anyone give me specific brands or models to look for? I guess I'm looking for cat-back, but am open to other suggestions. Also, it would be nice if it added some power.

Can anyone recommend a header that would add decent power?

Has anyone here just removed their cat completely? Will the check engine light come on? Will it still run ok? I'm in South Carolina, so there are no emmisions checks.

Thanks in advance.

95vegasgalant
06-05-2003, 12:10 AM
:twisted: I like matts exhaust it sounds like the new 350Z exhaust screen name vegasmatt :twisted:

Auto-9
06-05-2003, 01:13 AM
I don't know of any headers that will give decent gains for the money. As for resonators, AC Autotechnic, Bosal, 5Zigen, Magnaflow all make great sounding resonators, but there are no cat-backs for this vehicle. Closest thing is buying a catback for the Eclipse and adding a length of pipe to it, but then it becomes a custom job, plus you lose the tuning benefits.

BIGMONEYDAY
06-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Hey man welcome to the boards. Good to see another face from the SC/GA area. You need to meet up with us GA chapter fella sometime. Also check out our site at www.gatgc.net . One of our members, ChromeGalant, has a good sounding Aerospeed-Tunable Bomb series mufflers. It sounds pretty good for a direct bolt-on muffler, but I trying to get a custom exhaust made with a little deeper tone. So if I come across a muffler that gives me the tone I'm looking for, I'll make sure to let you know.

mochanges
06-05-2003, 05:29 PM
I don't know of any headers that will give decent gains for the money. As for resonators, AC Autotechnic, Bosal, 5Zigen, Magnaflow all make great sounding resonators, but there are no cat-backs for this vehicle. Closest thing is buying a catback for the Eclipse and adding a length of pipe to it, but then it becomes a custom job, plus you lose the tuning benefits.

You mean mufflers right? Resonators are completely different.

To answer the original question, everything for our cars in terms of exhaust is going to be a custom job.

-Mohammad

Galant01
06-11-2003, 08:07 AM
I have a custom cat-back with a Bosal muffler and I like it.

BigMike
06-11-2003, 08:28 AM
I have an OBX B3 exhaust that give a great low sound.....but I got mine from a friend for like 50...they usually run about 180