PDA

View Full Version : Who has the RPW cams

Prophet
06-05-2003, 01:34 AM
I just got a AEM cam gear that I purchased from TOC. I was wondering who had the RPW cam gear (Stage 1 or 2) and can anyone tell me if the gear will work with the RPW Stage 2?

TWISTED II
06-05-2003, 05:20 AM
i have the stage 2 turbo cams. i'm using fidanza cam gears. they'll work together. however, my boss has been in contact with ripp about my SDS, and he says RPW is shit, so i'm in the process of rethinking my build.

00GTZ00
06-05-2003, 07:54 AM
Can you elaborate on this about RPW?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have the stage 2 turbo cams. Â*i'm using fidanza cam gears. Â*they'll work together. Â*however, my boss has been in contact with ripp about my SDS, and he says RPW is shit, so i'm in the process of rethinking my build.</div>

TWISTED II
06-05-2003, 08:03 AM
i just found out last night while i was half asleep. i'll talk to my buddy today and post back.

Auto-9
06-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Yeah you might wanna elaborate...Dave can get quite defensive without explanations.

Prophet
06-05-2003, 11:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have the stage 2 turbo cams. Â*i'm using fidanza cam gears. Â*they'll work together. Â*however, my boss has been in contact with ripp about my SDS, and he says RPW is shit, so i'm in the process of rethinking my build.</div>

So the stage two will work with the AEM cam gear. What kind of gains will expect when I properly tune it.

Gizmo
06-05-2003, 11:54 AM
If yuo are going to get the stage 2 cam from RPW yuo are going to need new valve springs. I am thinking of going that route also but I just want to see what the say about the cam shafts from RPW.

TWISTED II
06-05-2003, 02:03 PM
well, all i've heard now is that the ECU doesn't like cams, lol. i'm not sure, my motor isn't back in yet. but what i'm gonna do is drop the motor in with the SDS, see how it goes.....then add the cams and cam gears and see how the car reacts. i'm gonna install the valve springs anyway. what i've found out about our ECU's is that they are very smart, and that they don't like boost with hp over 300 or so. this is all coming from my buddy, so, my plan is going to be slightly altered. i'm lookin for 300 whp this year. this winter, to get past the problem of the ECU, i'm doing a 5 spd swap, and using a stand alone EMS. then i'll shoot for 450+ whp. sorry to digress, but yeah, i was told that the ECU doesn't respond well with the cams, and the car runs shitty.

Prophet
06-05-2003, 02:22 PM
So they only run shitty if you are planning to boost more than 300hp. I will be lucky if I hit 200hp. So should I be fine if I am not planning to push 300hp.

TWISTED II
06-05-2003, 02:41 PM
i dunno if i screwed up in my post, i prolly messed up. the ECU doesn't like cams, or boost over 300 hp. sorry bout that. i'll have the 100% answer in a few weeks. my block is done being built and its ready to go back in the car. i'm building the motor with valve springs, but no cams and cam gears. once the car runs again, we are gonna put the cams and cam gears in and see how the car reacts. best i can do is let you know as soon as i try it. if the car runs shitty, i'm gonna hold onto them anyway and do the 5 spd swap and get a stand alone EMS this winter.

Prophet
06-05-2003, 02:49 PM
If I only get the Stage one will I get good gains after I tune it do you think and will I still need new valve springs.

TWISTED II
06-05-2003, 03:19 PM
you'll see some gains, but i don't think you'll see that good of a gain with the stage 1. and i'm not sure about the valve springs...but....from experience, i've learned its better to upgrade and be sure than not to and have something go wrong.

Lazarus
06-05-2003, 09:59 PM
I talked to David evey now and then and they are coming out with SDS cams for the Galant I know they are coming out for the V6 can't remember if they are available for the I4

Prophet
06-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Well this can't be right.

Stage 1 & 2 are both $355. They will both work with the
AEM cam gear. Thanks
Shaun

Got a reply from Vision. Stage 1 and Stage 2 which you get all the extra goods is $355.00

Lazarus
06-06-2003, 06:21 PM
355 for the cam an additional 150 for the Valve springs (stage 2)

TWISTED II
06-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Well this can't be right.

Stage 1 & 2 are both $355. They will both work with the
AEM cam gear. Thanks
Shaun

Got a reply from Vision. Stage 1 and Stage 2 which you get all the extra goods is $355.00

wow, at least someone can get a reply from them. i've been e-mailing matt off the hook for a while looking for my valve springs i ordered 2 months ago, never get a response.

Lazarus
06-06-2003, 08:41 PM
try Shaun He is who I deal through a good guy [email protected] ('http://[email protected]') If all else fails Call or go through Norcal. not alor of people know it but Norcal is a RPW dealer also

Prophet
06-06-2003, 09:01 PM
try Shaun He is who I deal through a good guy [email protected] ('http://[email protected]') If all else fails Call or go through Norcal. not alor of people know it but Norcal is a RPW dealer also

Sorry but Norcal is out of the question for me. I will never deal with them for personal reasons. I will try Shaun thanks Laz.

TWISTED II
06-09-2003, 04:57 PM
so is there anyone out there that has the stage 2 cams installed and running yet? lol

Prophet
06-09-2003, 06:13 PM
so is there anyone out there that has the stage 2 cams installed and running yet? lol

I really don't think anyone has the cams up and running. Maybe will be the first? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Lazarus
06-09-2003, 09:51 PM
I had the stage 2 but it was the N/A Cam so I sent it back and am waiting on teh turbo Cam now. as soon as I get it I have some head work going on and then it's going on