PDA

View Full Version : Nitrious with a dash mounted devise to control the shot amou

atx
06-06-2003, 02:58 PM
i want to get Nitrious once i get the cash for my V6 8g. I was thinking it would be sick to have a with controller for the amount shot it puts out mounted on the dash or jst up front. I want to be able to like go 75 shot for racing and be able to switch it down real low to like 25 or so, when im not really needing the full 75. Is this possible? ive seen nitrious kits which say 50-75 and so. Are u easy able to change between 50-75 or do you just set it and leave it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt Bialick

p.s my progress springs and kyb agx shocks have arrived & im ordern my wheels soon im so happy.

VegasMatt
06-06-2003, 03:01 PM
You would have to run a wet system, but I think this could be dangerous because with the varying amount of n2o you plan on running, you would need more fuel for the higher shot and less for the lesser shot.

Why not just run a 75 wet shot all the time and just use it when needed. Why only use a 25 shot when needed, if youre going to kick someones ass, just do it with a full shot.

atx
06-06-2003, 03:11 PM
yea i guess i could jst kick there ass all the time but it would be nice to have the option cause i plan on using it a whole lot and dont want to destroy my tranny n engine 2 fast

TWISTED II
06-06-2003, 08:08 PM
i've don't know what kit you plan on using, but on my ZEX kit, the way you controll the amount of nitrous and fuel is by swaping out little jets. they are different size nozzles basically. i'm not sure if there are other kits that you can switch between shots without changing jets.

HeadAche
06-07-2003, 09:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've don't know what kit you plan on using, but on my ZEX kit, the way you controll the amount of nitrous and fuel is by swaping out little jets. Â*they are different size nozzles basically. Â*i'm not sure if there are other kits that you can switch between shots without changing jets.</div>

only system that did that is the VCD kit that Venom makes.. I was able to do it, just by using to different arming switches for the individual bottle(s).. Not the easiest thing to do but it worked just the way i needed it 2//

TWISTED II
06-07-2003, 09:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've don't know what kit you plan on using, but on my ZEX kit, the way you controll the amount of nitrous and fuel is by swaping out little jets. Â*they are different size nozzles basically. Â*i'm not sure if there are other kits that you can switch between shots without changing jets.</div>

only system that did that is the VCD kit that Venom makes.. I was able to do it, just by using to different arming switches for the individual bottle(s).. Not the easiest thing to do but it worked just the way i needed it 2//</div>

so you basically had 2 different nitrous kits installed? cuz the 2 button idea works good, but i don't see how thats gonna change the shot unless there are 2 different lines going from 2 different bottles, and injecting it into 2 different spots into your intake. musta been an interesting install.

HeadAche
06-08-2003, 12:44 PM
i've don't know what kit you plan on using, but on my ZEX kit, the way you controll the amount of nitrous and fuel is by swaping out little jets. they are different size nozzles basically. i'm not sure if there are other kits that you can switch between shots without changing jets.

only system that did that is the VCD kit that Venom makes.. I was able to do it, just by using to different arming switches for the individual bottle(s).. Not the easiest thing to do but it worked just the way i needed it 2//

so you basically had 2 different nitrous kits installed? cuz the 2 button idea works good, but i don't see how thats gonna change the shot unless there are 2 different lines going from 2 different bottles, and injecting it into 2 different spots into your intake. musta been an interesting install.

the install sucked ass, kept fucking it up.. because we thought we could just run the 2 bottles into one line which worked after some trial and error, but then the line got clogged just like my NOS system did, even with the purge valve.. so we set-up 2 different system with 2 different nozzles sizes to control the shot size.. But i later figured out we could control size just by how much the bottle was filled, and just remembering which arming switch was for which bottle. So that meant to have 2 different purge kits and 2 bottle warmers..

escoson
06-08-2003, 12:47 PM
those venom vcd kits you were talking about, dont they start at like $1,600.00? i think that there is no need for someone to have that unless its something they just have to have or there automobile calls for nothing less. this is kist my opinion. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

peanotation
06-08-2003, 12:48 PM
yeah, on my zex kit, you swap out the tiny-ass jets, there's no way you can control the shot amount, on a dry system at least.

TWISTED II
06-08-2003, 05:41 PM
control the amount of shot by how full the bottle was? i'm not following what your saying. the only way to have 2 different size shots on a ZEX kit would be to run 2 totally different systems. 2 bottles, 2 lines, 2 brain boxes, 2 everything. i'm confused. theres nothing electric about the nitrous bottle and the jets and stuff. by using a different arm switch, all your gonna do is arm it. you can't electrically control how much nitrous is sent into your engine on a ZEX kit unless you have multiple systems...which would be a waste of time, money and effort.

atx
06-08-2003, 07:05 PM
hey thanks for the help im thinkn i will probly go with zex and i will jst leave the shot amount the same. What does the purge kit do and how often do u use it?

TWISTED II
06-08-2003, 07:27 PM
off your bottle, there will be 1 line that goes into the brain. from there, 1 line will go out to your intake, and 1 to the purge. basically all it does when you hit the purge, is spray nitrous through the brain and out into air line or whatever you use. (copper pipe is provided with the kit, but its only about a foot long, so i used 1/4 inch air line) you would do this to get rid of any air in the line, that way when you go to spray, it doesn't spray air first, then nitrous. its nitrous right away.

HeadAche
06-08-2003, 08:49 PM
control the amount of shot by how full the bottle was? i'm not following what your saying. the only way to have 2 different size shots on a ZEX kit would be to run 2 totally different systems. 2 bottles, 2 lines, 2 brain boxes, 2 everything. i'm confused. theres nothing electric about the nitrous bottle and the jets and stuff. by using a different arm switch, all your gonna do is arm it. you can't electrically control how much nitrous is sent into your engine on a ZEX kit unless you have multiple systems...which would be a waste of time, money and effort.

Thats what im saying, thats the idea we were trying to do.. Using two system 1 basically as a primary and the second as a cheater when the 1st bottle was empty, I had a back-up.. having multiple systems depending on what your trying to do does come in handy.. it kinda sucks when your at the track and your bottle is empty and you cant re-fill it. I just incorported 2 bottles.. You would be surprised what you can do when you have the time.. When i went to zex with the idea the said i could run the 2 bottles with just one brain, but i would need the 2 arming switches and have a way to switch between both bottles.. IT took me and a couple guyz from Korupted Custom to figure it out but it worked kinda, hence the blown motor..lol

TWISTED II
06-09-2003, 02:09 AM
you can run 14 bottles off one brain no problem. i'm talking about running different shot amounts. thats impossible without running more than 1 brain. theres no way to electronically wire that. all you hafta do to run more than 1 bottle is T off the bottles. thats no problem. but are you saying you were running 2 bottles with different shots off 1 brain?

HeadAche
06-09-2003, 08:45 PM
you can run 14 bottles off one brain no problem. i'm talking about running different shot amounts. thats impossible without running more than 1 brain. theres no way to electronically wire that. all you hafta do to run more than 1 bottle is T off the bottles. thats no problem. but are you saying you were running 2 bottles with different shots off 1 brain?

exactly you can change shot size amounts just depends on much the bottle is filled, thats it.. Im not saying i was controlling it electronically because like you said that impossible.. All i was doing was not filling the bottles full, well one would be full and the other would only be half.. and your probably wondering why only fill it half way, because at our track out here, its illegal to have 2 completely filled tanks in your car..

TWISTED II
06-09-2003, 09:46 PM
filling a bottle half full isn't going to give you a smaller shot.....that would mean that you can only run a 75 shot once a bottle. cuz what your saying means that once you use a 75 shot once, then the next shot is only like a 70, then 65 and so forth as the bottle empties. thats not possible man.

HeadAche
06-09-2003, 10:58 PM
filling a bottle half full isn't going to give you a smaller shot.....that would mean that you can only run a 75 shot once a bottle. cuz what your saying means that once you use a 75 shot once, then the next shot is only like a 70, then 65 and so forth as the bottle empties. thats not possible man.

Trust me it works, im totally serious.. when i go back to the shop next week i will get you the nots we used to do it, so you can understand better.. Because im not even on the bottle anymore, to many weird issues..

TWISTED II
06-10-2003, 01:38 AM
there is no way to run 2 different measurable size shots on a ZEX kit without using different jets. you can run like, an empty bottle and it will give less nitrous, but its not measurable, and can't be said to give a smaller shot. secondly, your arming switch is going to arm the nitrous, not say what bottle its spraying from. plus, the bottles would be Tee'd off and be spraying through the same line, how can you do that man? i will bet you my car man. the only way to do it is run 2 different systems. i'm raising the flag.

HeadAche
06-10-2003, 10:56 AM
there is no way to run 2 different measurable size shots on a ZEX kit without using different jets. you can run like, an empty bottle and it will give less nitrous, but its not measurable, and can't be said to give a smaller shot. secondly, your arming switch is going to arm the nitrous, not say what bottle its spraying from. plus, the bottles would be Tee'd off and be spraying through the same line, how can you do that man? i will bet you my car man. the only way to do it is run 2 different systems. i'm raising the flag.

Okay you can raise the flag, but im telling its possible, maybe not from where you sitting because you never heard of anyone doing it, but i put down the time to do it.. And you can use the arming switch to tee up which bottle you want, you just have to re-wire it that way, how is that possible by hackin the brain on the zex control box. I do a lot of business with them and they sent us a dummy box which we use to show customers on how it works, not including we have the diagram and layout of everything the box has that we use at our own discreation.. bro im telling you its possible, like we all say anything can be done with the right amount of money and time.. You can run 2 bottles of 2 lines, by running to differnt lines, like you said in an earlier post only way to do that would be to have to different sets of jets on the intake...We ran the "T" originally to connect both bottles, but to have that much nitrous being thrown into the motor without being able to control it was what i wanted, so we split up the bottles and used the arming switch to switch bottles.. If you look closely at the venom supra its on the same setup multiple bottles being switched by arming switches, as well at Craig Liberman's R34, 3 bottles on just 2 buttons, but only one brain that controls the whole thing.. My old nitrous system may not be as professionlly done as there's, but it got the job done..

TWISTED II
06-10-2003, 11:52 AM
i don't care how many supras and skylines run 7 bottles, i'm talking about your setup. how can you control 2 bottles by an arming switch going into the brain? nothing is electric past the brain of your system. you can't tell the brain to take nitrous from one bottle and not the other, cuz they are connected. you have any pics of this insane, once in a lifetime setup?

HeadAche
06-10-2003, 03:44 PM
i don't care how many supras and skylines run 7 bottles, i'm talking about your setup. how can you control 2 bottles by an arming switch going into the brain? nothing is electric past the brain of your system. you can't tell the brain to take nitrous from one bottle and not the other, cuz they are connected. you have any pics of this insane, once in a lifetime setup?

Im saying to take nitrous from bottle to another, im talking about switch back and forth, like an A & B control you use for a computer to use either your printer or scanner, thats what im talking about.. i did have pictures a while back when i firsted started it like almost 2 years ago, i had them taken By David Wong who use to do R&D for zex when they sponsored a show at Moroso Park.. but besides all that, hows your car coming along, been pretty curious on what you have done so far..

TWISTED II
06-10-2003, 05:25 PM
was this your setup? cuz if this was your setup, its not possible.
http://home.attbi.com/~l.kniewel/zex.bmp
i can't think of any other way to explain it. if there is 1 jet in your intake, thats the size shot your going to get. and as you can see....the bottle Tee's off....so how does it know how to take it from which bottle??? there is still only 1 input for nitrous in the brain......the size shot isn't determined till it gets to the intake....so how is it going to do that at the bottle??? this is nuts. anyway, i got my block back today. i'm waiting on valve springs and cam gears from vision. then the motor goes back together. ordered the SDS last week, so hopefully have that on by the end of the month or early july.

HeadAche
06-10-2003, 07:57 PM
now thats a mighty fine lookin drawing you did there guy.. Okay you got it just about right there guy.. Okay If you open up the computer on the box, the first things you will see are 4 green connectors 2 yellow and 1 white and i belive and redwhite stripped connector.. Okay, you take your second arming switch and solder the first 2 horizontal green wires a and the second vertical yellow connector.. these connectors control the bottle of which is hooked up to the system.. Arming switch number 1 activates the first bottle and so on.. it sounds crazy, but it works kinda, sometimes..lol. I gotta give you credit though, i like your persistance on this, much respect bro..

TWISTED II
06-11-2003, 04:34 AM
well thanks, i would love to come to an understanding with you on this. but i don't see how a switch is going to arm different bottles. your not arming the bottle, your sending a signal to the brain letting it know its ready to use nitrous. and it doesn't matter what bottle is armed, they are still going through the same line into the brain, and going through the same jet. i just don't see how wiring 2 arming switches is going to enable you to control which bottle the nitrous is taken from.