PDA

View Full Version : RPW Headers for 7G Galant Models being tested RIGHT NOW

Mitsiman
08-05-2002, 01:20 AM
FInally we all say - yes the two protoype 7G RPW Race Headers have left Australia today and are on there way to Vision Imports who will be fitting them and making the flex pipes for us which we will then be copying for the future sets.

These are our race design with flex pipe and will also come with HFC option as well

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

Dukeplaya31
08-05-2002, 01:32 AM
THANK GOD!!
We've been waiting quite sometime for these now...
can't wait.
Let us know when the fitment is done and it's time to buy.

MitsuMan
08-05-2002, 08:32 AM
let us know the status ASAP, I am donw and cant wait any longer!!!...lol

Mitsiman
08-05-2002, 07:46 PM
I will certainly keep everyone updated on these. They will be the same price as the 8G Galant 4cyl header systems so at least you know the gains and the pricing for them.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

evil-G-nius
08-11-2002, 11:19 AM
Um...maybe a dumb question but what is hfc option?

schick
08-11-2002, 12:12 PM
High Flow Cat(alytic converter)

evil-G-nius
08-12-2002, 12:44 AM
Thanx! Now next dumb question, why is that an option? Wouldnt you want that any way? :dumbass:

Mitsiman
08-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Because if you want to use your origonal cat converter it is going to have to be cut and welded onto the extractor flex pipe and secondly if you are after higher horsepower this cat converter will enable a more free flowing exhaust system.

David Thomas
www.rpw.cm.au

schick
08-12-2002, 09:34 PM
David, so your saying that if I only purchase the header, without the new HFC, I'l have to take it to a shop to get welded?
I was told that it would be a direct bolt on, and that the HFC was just an option. Seems kinda weird, since it looks like there is a flange right before the cat (I could be wrong, plus, you're the expert)

If I get the HFC, will the whole system be a direct bolt on replacement?

Initial -G-host
08-13-2002, 03:53 PM
Vision Imports has contacted me and my Galant will be test fitted with the RPW headers most likely this coming weekend. Possibly the car will be dyno'ed for bhp and torque information. Pics and information will up on the other site. High Flow Cat is a direct bolt on to the RPW header....no additional modifications are needed. If you are using your stock piping for the HFC...it should bolt on from the information provided to from Vision Imports.

Mitsiman
08-13-2002, 07:28 PM
I stand corrected - been working on the 8G models too much and forgot the 7G models were not a solid welded cat converter.

So in that case yes you do not need the HFC unit unless you want the complete bolt on system. Otherwise teh systm will bolt up to the origonal cat converter position.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

schick
08-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Whew, almost had me there, although I think the HFC might be a good thing to get. How will the Galant benefit from it? (HP or torque gains, if any)

96TEXASgalant
08-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Any word on when they will be available? Any updates?

Mitsiman
08-14-2002, 07:49 PM
The HFC unit should add another 1 - 2 hp I beleive but it is hard to say. ALl cars are different.

Once we get word back on the flex pipes which are being made on the car, then we get our own flex pipes made. The headers are all already made as are the HFC units.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

Dukeplaya31
08-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Any updates on the LONG awaited 7g headers Mitsiman?

Mitsiman
08-28-2002, 08:21 PM
To be honest we need to ask WHite G Host as I am like all you waiting on the results of the system being fitted to his galant.

What is the situation there White G Host?

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

Dukeplaya31
08-28-2002, 10:13 PM
If you need another prototyper for any reason...I am MORE than willing.
Pm me if need be.
Thanks.

96TEXASgalant
08-29-2002, 01:40 PM
AMEN BRO'

bstnsportsfan
08-29-2002, 11:09 PM
Wow thats great they are almost done!
Big Thank you goes to RPW for making these for the Galant! Its great to see the aftermarket grow for the galant! I hope a lot of people go ahead and buy these and show RPW we appreciate them for making the headers for us!

Initial -G-host
08-30-2002, 10:47 AM
Its official...White -G-host is the first with the RPW headers from Vision Imports. They were fitted and bolted on my 4g64 Tuesday this week. Flexpipe didn't come precut from RPW...so I had to get measurements for Vision Imports. I am pre-cutting the flexpipes for Vision Imports so when shipped..customers do not have to do it themselves. Claimed bhp gains from RPW is 22+ horsepower...and I can speak for that. Car has MUCH more pick up and very strong at top end power. Actual Dyno results will be available sometime soon.

- RPW headers are Gun Metal in color
- O2 sensor has be relocated to the header itself. You will have to relocate the wiring. (This requires NO MODIFICATION) On stock setup...the O2 sensor is located on the flexpipe. The relocation of the O2 sensor allows for a more accurate reading for the ECU.
- Header comes with flexpipe. (Should only have to bolt on since I got exact measurements done)

Pics of the headers can be seen on Vision Imports and the "other" site...but Denver also posted them here ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1920')

Dukeplaya31
09-01-2002, 12:27 AM
Damn! They look good. Can't wait to get my hands on em'.

22+ hp?!!!!???!!!?!
I took a look at vision site and they claim 10hp.
22+ hp from a set of headers calls for remarkable design. Wow! Truly impressive. Hats off to RPW.

Now only one question remains...when are they available to the rest of us for ordering????

Mitsiman
09-01-2002, 09:10 PM
The minute we get the flex pipe we will be makgin them and sending approx 25 sets to Vision Imports for immediet distribution.

I don't actually know how much gain they will give in horsepower as we do not have a car to test on but at the end of the day the results will be in your impressions on the cars.

With the O2 sensors I will add an extra O2 sensor fitting in the flex pipe undrilled so you can have more options.

Looks great and we didn't make the flex pipe as we needed to have it made on the car which is what has been done.

We should be able to send them out in approx 4 weeks for everyone.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

flipz_ny79
09-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know whats up with the RPW headers ???

bstnsportsfan
09-23-2002, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know whats up with the RPW headers ???

They are available, check out this link: http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1920 ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1920')

Mitsiman
09-23-2002, 07:40 PM
The units aer being made and we will be shipping them over in a large pallet like we did with the 8G galants recently. Just takes time when you are making 25 sets and then have to de dag them, package them etc.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

schick
09-24-2002, 08:59 AM
Great news! Can't wait to get it installed and tear up the road.

VisionImports
09-28-2002, 08:34 PM
Hello all,
YES! We are very excited that the headers are on the way, and are very anxious to have them in stock for everyone! We will be shipping out the pre-orders right away once we recieve them, and will be taking new orders for everyone who has not ordered yet! Looking forward to it!

schick
09-29-2002, 07:57 PM
So.. by on the way... do you mean they are being shipped as we speak (err.... type)?