PDA

View Full Version : how many neons is to much?

gost2002es
06-06-2003, 09:57 PM
i was just wondering what all of your opinions are. i have 2 under my dash. i plan on putting two in the back seat, and i was thinking of having mini's in the little side compartment on the doors. you think the the little compartment will be to much neon? please give me your 2 cents.

pinoyesv6
06-06-2003, 10:00 PM
in the inside. i only have 2 under the seats. it gives a glow for both the back and the front. i used to have 2 under the dash in my rental and it was way too bright for me. so when i permanently installed them into my galant, i put them under the seats

Censee
06-06-2003, 11:28 PM
i think beyond ,under the car,and under the seats is too much.....thats just me...

quicksilver22
06-07-2003, 01:52 PM
neons rock, i have 2 under my front dash (9") and two on my back dash (4"-5") and i plan on putting two 6" in my trunk and maybe on 5" on the back of my console, ooooo i love neons, then eventually undercar. hehe

galantv600
06-07-2003, 11:20 PM
i dunno... i might be gettin one for under dash.. one for under seats... MAYBE outside ones... MAYBE!!!!

SilverKnight
06-08-2003, 02:31 AM
i have two under the dash and two under the seats with neon wire on the dash and center consol and it looks sweet. 8) make sure you put the ones under the dash as far back as you can so you get less light up in your face because mine go to the beat of the bass and the bright flashes at night used to trip me out :shock: so i put then further back and now its ok :thumbsup:

Jeff
06-08-2003, 12:27 PM
i have 2 under my seats and 2 led's in my vents...personally, as long as you can't see the tubes, you're doing good.

Khopari
06-09-2003, 12:10 AM
OK THIS IS WHAT U SHOULD HAVE

1. Under The Driver Site,, Dash Board,, near the brakes and gas.

1. Under The Pass Side Glove Box..

4. under The CAr..

thats it that should be enought may be 2 in the trunk.. by the whoopers...

matrix8228
06-09-2003, 12:12 AM
well i got 2 under the dash and 2 under the seats and its somewhat bright. And i like K h O p A r I's idea about having some in the trunk. I might do that.

HeadAche
06-09-2003, 12:22 AM
OK THIS IS WHAT U SHOULD HAVE

1. Under The Driver Site,, Dash Board,, near the brakes and gas.

1. Under The Pass Side Glove Box..

4. under The CAr..

thats it that should be enought may be 2 in the trunk.. by the whoopers...

Damn that many, i dont have one neon in my car.. If you have that many, its gonna look like a multicolored flashlight..

TITAN
06-09-2003, 01:45 PM
ONE ON THE OUTSIDE

galantv600
06-09-2003, 02:39 PM
ONE ON THE OUTSIDE

just one?!?! if ur puttin one its gonna look weird... if u go ahead with one.. just put one in front one in back and one on each side...

spiritborn
06-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Which kind of neon light do you guys have under the seats and how did you install them? Do you have the ones you plug in the cig lighter or you have to wire up yours on a switch?

VegasMatt
06-09-2003, 03:02 PM
I have the four piece kit all the way around.

And inside I have two under the dash and two license plates under the seats.

The license plates let out more neon and were just as cheap as putting two tubes down there.

spiritborn
06-09-2003, 03:07 PM
I have the four piece kit all the way around.

And inside I have two under the dash and two license plates under the seats.

The license plates let out more neon and were just as cheap as putting two tubes down there.

That is a good idea, licence plates neons under the seats! Thanks man.

Jeff
06-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Which kind of neon light do you guys have under the seats and how did you install them? Do you have the ones you plug in the cig lighter or you have to wire up yours on a switch?

I have the streetglow 6" mini tubes that connect to a transformer which plugs into the cig lighter. I spliced off the end and hardwired it to a switch running off of a constant power, so even when the cars off, i can still turn on the lights. I mounted the transformer under the armrest...down by the e-brake mechanisms. that kept all the wires hidden.

mrjaydeeone
06-10-2003, 01:24 AM
I had a 4 neon kit underneath
and yesterday 1 of the side tubes...got loose from the straps and fell off the car leaving me with the wires hanging
Damn
anyone know where I can pick up 2 neon tubes
from either Reactor or Street glow gold series or Low glow
I need a 54 inch tube and a 30 inch tube in blue

SilverKnight
06-10-2003, 02:59 AM
i got the walmart ones https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif and i cut the cig lighter piece of and hooked it up to the antena wire from my stereo so when the stereo is on the lights go on but i also put a switch in between the stereo and the neon for those accasions where you get pulled over so you dont add more violations then what your getting pulled over for. :roll:

TITAN
06-10-2003, 10:53 AM
ONE ON THE OUTSIDE

just one?!?! if ur puttin one its gonna look weird... if u go ahead with one.. just put one in front one in back and one on each side...

one is too many for ME...on the outside. i have sum on the inside. pepboys style

irishpunk
06-10-2003, 01:34 PM
NONE is the perfect amount. Just thought I'd put my two cents, not a fan at all of neons. I like my car to be as subtle as possible, minus a few performance mods. If it really doesn't help the performance and makes it more noticable its not gonna happen. But if it looks good to you and isn't overkill then more power to you my man.

manybrews
06-10-2003, 05:16 PM
1 neon is too much.

I cant stand that crap.. Its unoriginal, uncreative, and screams poser.

just my opinion.

No one today seems to know the true essence of style, which is "subtlety".

Prophet
06-10-2003, 06:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>1 neon is too much.

I cant stand that crap.. Its unoriginal, uncreative, and screams poser.

just my opinion.

No one today seems to know the true essence of style, which is "subtlety".</div>

These are all opinions so no one can have a "True essence of style."

manybrews
06-10-2003, 06:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>

These are all opinions so no one can have a "True essence of style."</div>
I CAN!
I CAN!

Prophet
06-10-2003, 07:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>

These are all opinions so no one can have a "True essence of style."</div>
I CAN!
I CAN!</div>

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

MitsuRacer
06-11-2003, 06:43 AM
i have blue LiteGlow neons under my front dash, two on the back of the front seats at the bottom, and i took a StreetGlow 10" white neon and hooked the wires up to the two prongs in the factory trunk light, so it turns on when i open the trunk. Looks really cool. :twisted:

galant2nr
06-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Any neon is too much. Neon went out many years ago.
Rule of thumb, if you can buy a part for your car at Walmart, it is Ghetto.

galantv600
06-11-2003, 04:16 PM
Any neon is too much. Neon went out many years ago.
Rule of thumb, if you can buy a part for your car at Walmart, it is Ghetto.

dont make walmart sound bad man!! lol they sell good things!!! for cheap! so if u say everythin they sell for cars is ghetto... all the things they sell are ghetto? K&N filter, bulbs(somewhat good), etc well i think they sell good things... but i guess every person with their opinion

Maxxxie
10-10-2005, 11:45 AM
well I got:

2 under the seats (for back) (they don't glow to front)
2 under dash (front)
2 on the front of the seats. (my original seats have a room for it. under the seating) (on the metal of the seat)

greetings max jager

TITAN
10-11-2005, 08:52 PM
haha, greetings & salutations mr jagar. this thread is only 2 years old, but its all good. Seems like you are doing searches so that is good. be sure to look and stay awhile. pretty much every question has been answered so you should be able to find what u are looking for.