PDA

View Full Version : confused about rippmods website- sds

cdaw2001ES
06-07-2003, 11:04 PM
I went to the rip mods site, and I cant find anything on the sds , nor galant, but as per the norm, even under the eclipse, it's just not there.
Is it still in production?
I went over to the club3g site, and nobodys on the I4 group buy, so looks like I need to buy it outright (single) if I can

Is the base psi now 8 psi?
Does the I4 kit come with a BOV or boost controller now?

Any ideas on whats the outright price for the kit and
eta on front mount IC / tranny IC

VegasMatt
06-07-2003, 11:44 PM
You need to click for the Eclipse 2000+ then click engines, and the lovely SDS is there.

VegasMatt
06-07-2003, 11:45 PM
OH yeah, on club3g they are running a group buy on it, so now is the time to buy.

cdaw2001ES
06-07-2003, 11:53 PM
I saw it for the V6, not the I4.

I need a curent list of whats included in the I4 kit.
If I remeber corectly the I4 kit did not come with the BOV or the black box, and it was only set at like 5psi. I like the idea of 8 much better. but I cant confirm any of that cause there is no I4 sds listed on the Rippmods site

I'd be the only one on the clug3g I4 Group Buy, so that means no GB for me, cause we'd need three

VegasMatt
06-07-2003, 11:58 PM
http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_...rs&productId=81 ('http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list_details.asp?menuid=3&vehcName=Mitsubishi+Eclipse+I4+%2D+2000%2B&vehcCat=Engines&vehcDesc=Supercharger%20Drive%20Sytem%20For%204G64 %20Powered%20cars&productId=81')

Click this link for the I4, also you will not get the black box with the kit, you will get the HKSAFR, the black box is not compatible with automatic cars.

cdaw2001ES
06-09-2003, 10:15 PM
I emailed with rippmods today, and they said the kit for the 4cy auto does come with a black box now.

VegasMatt
06-09-2003, 10:32 PM
I told you the kit didnt come with the black box. only the afr, just have the afr tuned.

cdaw2001ES
06-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Ok, I guess you dont see my problem.

RippMod <<TODAY>> Has said - It does come with a pre tuned black box

You say, I't dosent. And I belive YOU curently have an SDS Kit.

RippMods is sugesting that it's all set to go, just hook it up.

You are sugesting, I'll need to take it to the Dyno and spend many hours of tweaking

But the more I thnik about it, I think I would prefer the HKS AFR. As I would be able to tune it. - now -

From what I understand about the black box - it has the potential to be much more powerful than the AFR, but they need to release the software

This translates in to additional $$$ for me if I cant get the AFR with the kit. Or $500 for unlimited tuning at the dyno, with expert tech.

DO I need both a BOV and Bypass valve, or will the bypass valve do both funtions, or will it it be, whatever the upperlimit of the Bypass, will Blow off
Ie, if I get the Stage 2, or custom pulley that can spin the vortec to 20 Psi @6000 RPM, But I only want 5 psi at that moment. I set the Bypass at 5psi, and eveything including gear changes - above 5psi is blow off back in to the intake of the vortec
I'm begining to understand it all

VegasMatt
06-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Perhaps the I4 comes with the black box, but I knwo the V6 kit does not come with the black box. it comes with the black box.

cdaw2001ES
06-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Well ... If that aint contradictory ... LOL