PDA

View Full Version : Headlight

Aztec
08-28-2002, 10:33 PM
I'm trying to take off my right side headlight and i can only find 3 bolts. Where's the 4th one. i need better lighting in this garage. i can't see much in here.

One last question ( unrelated ) I'm checking out my hoses ( stock ) and i'm seeing another layer of rubber covering some sections of the hose. Does this extra layer serve a purpose?

pinoyesv6
08-28-2002, 11:06 PM
there are 4 bolts. 2 near the grille, one on top and one near the turn signal

as for that hose, it shouldn't be seperating lol...

Fishboy55
08-29-2002, 08:42 AM
That extra layer of hose serves as a heat shield for those hoses that come close to the manifold and other hot parts. In the case of the fuel lines, you'll see a clear covering that's supposed to do the same thing. If you replace any lines, I'd suggest replacing that shielding. I reused it when I installed my silicone hoses. Just slip the original hose out of it and then slip it ovewr the replacement hose.

Chip

Aztec
08-29-2002, 11:54 PM
That extra layer of hose serves as a heat shield. I reused it when I installed my silicone hoses. Just slip the original hose out of it and then slip it ovewr the replacement hose.

Chip

Aren't silicone hoses better for high temp than rubber? Thanks for the info guys.

pinoyesv6
08-29-2002, 11:57 PM
That extra layer of hose serves as a heat shield. I reused it when I installed my silicone hoses. Just slip the original hose out of it and then slip it ovewr the replacement hose.

Chip

Aren't silicone hoses better for high temp than rubber? Thanks for the info guys.

yea but chip just put his on anyways for like an extra layer of protection...