PDA

View Full Version : i tihnk im gettin screwed

Novs The Shadow
06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
ok now check this out, i take my car in for a few problems to my mitsu dealership like: sunroof stops in middle for no reason, engine idles very hard and grinds in reverse, wooshing sound like a bad belt, my headlight, turn signal, and foglight bulb on the right side all went out, headlights dim to almost nothing when i roll windows up and it takes like 30 seconds for them to go up, and the usual steering wheel vibrates at high speeds (65 to 75). i figure itll be an easy fix and then they call me back say that itll be 1500 dollars to do wat they gotta do which is lubricate the sun roof (which is wat they did two previous times and still has not fixed it), transmission service and change trans fluid (which i just got like 2 months ago) to fix the grinding, they couldnt duplicate the window and light dimming thing so nothing to fix that, they said the bulbs just need to be changed but i still dont understand how they all blew out at same time, im at 36.4k miles and i got my 30k service at 31k and they said i need another one, they need to flush my cooling system, my front break rotors are warped, and they said the shaking could be caused by three bent rims i have but for some reason when i just get my new tire put on after a flat less then 2 weeks ago i wasnt told anything bout a bent rim, let alone three, i figured i would know if i had three bent rims cause i wouldnt be able to drive comfortably up to 65 and over 75. to top things off, the guy says this might not even fix the problems, so im a spend 1500 on that stuff, buy three new rims, and i still might have those problems, i dunno bout that. well i just felt like ventin, tell me what u all think bout this and if u think i got a lemon or whats going on. idk anymore.

Fishboy55
06-10-2003, 08:57 PM
First and most obvious question is Are you still under warranty. If so, you gotta look in your owners manual for the regional representative's phone number. You're gettign the usual dealer once over. Most of us have been through it at least once with a dumbass (and rude) service manager. But it's funny how they change their tune when they get a call from the corporate brass. I wound up getting a free 30,000 mile service plus 4 additional free oil changes with just one phone call. Or you could try another dealer. Either way, make them write you up a complete estimate for what they're going to do to your car and have that in your hand.

If you're not under warranty, find a reputable shop that isn't the dealer that can fix all that. Some of the other tri-satate members will be able to help you out there.

pinoyesv6
06-10-2003, 09:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Novs The Shadow)</div><div class='quotemain'>im at 36.4k miles and i got my 30k service at 31k and they said i need another one, they need to flush my cooling system, my front break rotors are warped, Â*</div>

here's another thing to think about i know with my dealer, all the work that they do has a warranty to it. even if my car is or isn't under warranty. i think at my dealer is 12k or 1 year whichever is first. if ur gonna need another 30k service, then unless u had it done over a year ago, it might be under warranty. or at least part of it.

Novs The Shadow
06-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Yea i have an extended warranty till march '05 and its bumper to bumper, but they said that nothing is covered by it cause its usual service or wear and tear. soo my warranty is like ass cuz all the times i went to get something done, it was never ever use. thanks for ur replies tho.

Auto-9
06-11-2003, 12:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Novs The Shadow)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea i have an extended warranty till march '05 and its bumper to bumper, but they said that nothing is covered by it cause its usual service or wear and tear. soo my warranty is like ass cuz all the times i went to get something done, it was never ever use. thanks for ur replies tho.</div>

Whoever told you it was bumper to bumper lied :evil: I learned firsthand that that is not true! :x

gost2002es
06-11-2003, 12:37 AM
go to a good mechanic if you know any and get a second opinion and tell the dealer to sit on their thumb and rotate.

galant00
07-21-2003, 01:44 PM
about the sunroof mines did the did the same thing the problem with mines was the rods or rails were not on track..so they put new ones in and they lubircated it..thank god i was under warranty..

Gilhuly
07-22-2003, 01:56 PM
The only thing I would be really concerned with is that tranny noise. Stay on them like a fly on s---t on that cause they will string you along until you're out of warrantee. That is definitely covered (powertrain) and will really cost you if you have to address it later. Don't let them lubricate the sunroof again - make them address the cause of the problem - the mis-alignment. You are going to have a problem putting one new tire on w/ 36K on your car. You need to get two new ones, put them on the front and have somebody pull off all the weights and rebalance your tires fresh. If the brake rotors are covered have them machined, otherwise, just buy new front rotors and pads in a group buy and have a neighborhood mechanic do them for you, you'll be close enough to needing new pads if you don't have them.. Have the local guy do the radiator flush as well.