PDA

View Full Version : Question on the 03 ES. Seems like the Car has the shakes....

2003galantes
06-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Hi everyone i have a brand new 2003 galant ES w/ like 90 miles on it. Im new to the car so im not sure if its how the car is or if something is wrong.I had the hood open checking out the engine while it was parkedand noticed that the engine seems to shake in the engine bay pretty hard but imnot sure if its normal for this car. Plus when im driving in and the car is in 3rd (well i pretty never put it in d any ways uless im on the highway) and i noticed that it had a little shake to it while given it gas .Not sure if cause its new or if there is something wrong with it. Helpme out guys. Plus i just put on an intake and it seems to shake alot more now since i put the intake on ..i dont know kinda weird..need some feedback.. marc https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

2003galantes
06-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Ok i cant remember if the a/c was off but i beleive it is on ..im in florida sothe a/c is on allthe time anyways. so could it be a a/c compressor issue..also its the first tank of gas that came with the car from the dealer so it could be shitty cheapgas the gealer put in..just wanted to add a little more to it ..its definately not the llifter noise cause i remember that sound from my eclipse 3g...need some comments..

Auto-9
06-11-2003, 12:34 AM
Sorry the only 4 banger I owned was a 1999, I dunno if they did anything differently since then. Is it the car shaking or the engine shaking?

galant2003
08-13-2003, 05:25 PM
I have a new 2003 ES wih 1400 miles and I've also noticed that the engine shakes in the engine bay. Nothing that would worry me, but I do notice it. Not sure if this is normal.

Auto-9
08-13-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm not going to say it's normal, but in the end 4 bangers are naturally less balanced, even with the Mitsubishi patented balance shafts. I dunno maybe it's just the way the ES is meant to be :?

Faction
08-13-2003, 08:54 PM
mine doesen't shake, are you sure it isn't me and your sister in the trunk? j.k