PDA

View Full Version : JDM Headlights

Hoopcrazyt8
06-10-2003, 10:57 PM
where can we order 99 Up JDM headlights ? how much are they?

Khopari
06-10-2003, 11:23 PM
umm for that u got get hold of someone from Japan or Europe,, there is no direct Vendor,, umm PM Jespen. he gets alot of that stuff for us,, and there is this grl from Japan,, i forgot her ID..

8ggalant
06-10-2003, 11:24 PM
pm triggermauve he sells used jdm headlights

pinoyesv6
06-10-2003, 11:24 PM
i'd try a country that also have left hand drive cars too to save u the trouble. taiwan is one of them .the reason i say that is because the beam pattern will be different with the rhd car. you can maybe switch the insides but thats just more trouble for u.

Alister_McRae
06-11-2003, 04:24 AM
right now im working with a dealership that might be able to get us some.

SilverKnight
06-11-2003, 04:34 AM
im thinking of getting some in the near future say about 4 or 5 months but whats the price rang for them lets say some ballpark numbers.

Alister_McRae
06-11-2003, 04:56 AM
i think around 4-500 bucks, but it depends where you get them from.

Reelax
06-11-2003, 05:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd try a country that also have left hand drive cars too to save u the trouble. taiwan is one of them .the reason i say that is because the beam pattern will be different with the rhd car. you can maybe switch the insides but thats just more trouble for u.</div>

naw can't b switched, the reflectors are assymetrical.

also i hope you know these are not simple bolt-on items. you will have to do some metal cutting to the front subframe and radiator to get these in.

SilverKnight
06-11-2003, 05:45 AM
How much work are we talking about. something one could do on the weekend or are we talking about a shop sort of thing. and are they "once you switch you cant go back".

Lazarus
06-11-2003, 09:08 AM
We're talking some pain in the butt work. I pulled some hair out and it never grew back. I'm sure there is some way to go back to the US SPec headlights once you have the JDMs fitted but it's probably gonna be just as hard as it was to put the JDM headlights in. plus the integrity of the headlights won't be the same as it was before. PLus WHo would want to :roll:

As far as who to take it to I would have to suggest taking it to a shop unless your extremely mechanically inclined I would suggest taking it to a good body shop and be prepared when they say "It's not gonna Fit" but it it will just takes some modifing Like Reelax said. I know I was bugging him like everyday til they were in.

Hoopcrazyt8
06-12-2003, 08:15 PM
thanks for all the info guys i got you now i guess i 'll talk to person i know here who know someone in CA that can get parts

Reelax
06-13-2003, 04:13 PM
if you get them and u need any help w/ install info, you can ask me anything or MOCHANGES, CALI, LAZARUS as well. all of us have gone through the conversion.

Cali
06-13-2003, 05:57 PM
yea man they are a pain in the butt and my body shop guy gave up on them so i winded up doing it myself. it takes a lot of patience to get them in right. good luck if you get them. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

galantv600
06-13-2003, 07:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea man they are a pain in the butt and my body shop guy gave up on them so i winded up doing it myself. it takes a lot of patience to get them in right. good luck if you get them. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

those jdm headlights really make the car look good man! as well as everything else... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

mochanges
06-13-2003, 09:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you get them and u need any help w/ install info, you can ask me anything or MOCHANGES, CALI, LAZARUS as well. Â*all of us have gone through the conversion.</div>

Yeah my shop never could have done them without Reelax's directions.

-Mohammad

Reelax
06-13-2003, 10:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you get them and u need any help w/ install info, you can ask me anything or MOCHANGES, CALI, LAZARUS as well. Â*all of us have gone through the conversion.</div>

Yeah my shop never could have done them without Reelax's directions.

-Mohammad</div>

just glad i could help partner. your VR4 front end would have looked pretty silly w/ USDM lights and im still in awe of the results of your conversion.

mochanges
06-14-2003, 01:09 AM
They would look pretty damn funny. I actually wanna rework the grill as it sits out too far right now.

-Mohammad

Reelax
06-14-2003, 01:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>They would look pretty damn funny. I actually wanna rework the grill as it sits out too far right now. Â*

-Mohammad</div>

i had to do some trimming on mine to get the front to sit flush w/ the headlights. the metal subframe is a different shape (the stampings) than the US spec and it was much easier to just rim the plastic grill than reshape the metal.