PDA

View Full Version : Your Suspension Setup.

pinoyesv6
08-29-2002, 11:28 AM
OK guys, alot of you guys have been asking alot of suspension questions. And before I'd probably link u to the Suspension Review Page ('http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/cgi-bin/suspension.htm') but yea with the amount of members we have, that page is looking really hurt. We need more reviews. So this is where u come into play. I need the following Information from u...
[LIST]
Year (1999,2000 etc) Trim Level (DE ES LS GTZ) and Engine (i4 v6) of your car
Type of Springs Coilovers u have on your car
Type of shocks and struts u have, if any
Camber Kit, location brand if u have/needed one
Type of rims u got. brand, model, size, width, offset, all the info u can give me
What kind of tires u have brand model size
Other things like a strut bar, maybe rolled fenders, chassis stiffening kit that u have, pretty much anything u feel has something to do with your suspension
and finally your review. list any problems u have, praise, suggestion, describe the ride quality etc.

if you've had more than one setup, like u had progress one time and lets say u got h&r the second time, list two different review. also yea in the review, lets say u upgtraded your suspension for example "yea the ride quality totally got better when i got new struts" don't f orget to add things like that

Note: All comments and posts not answering the following questions above will be deleted. This thing is serious and i don't want it getting off topic by people asking questions on suspension setups here. Also Please try to follow the format that i had set, makes it easier for me to update the page.[LIST]

pinoyesv6
08-29-2002, 05:44 PM
you guys can post your setups here. no need to PM me like last time. i jsut said im gonna delete stuff like "nice setup" or "where'd u get ur springs"

hoosiers
08-29-2002, 06:13 PM
2000 EsV6
Progress Springs
Stock Shocks
No camber kit needed
18" konig absolute in graphite. 7.5 inches wide with a 45 offset
225-40-18 kumho ecsta tires
Freedom Design Strut Bar
I really like the both the look and preformance of this setup. The ride is quiter than on the stock rims and tires and just as smooth on good roads. When i get on bumpy roads i can feel them but nothing that would cause me to revert back to stock. I am planning on getting the KYB's someday. 100% happy with the outcome.

Kingman
08-29-2002, 08:34 PM
2002 GTZ
OBX Coilovers
Stock GTZ(eclipse) struts
18" Voxx Forza's
225/40r18 Kuhmo HR11 405

The ride is as good as stock, and they seem to be of extremely high quality. The adjustments stay put where you set them yet they are easy enough to move as the need arises. Remember to cut bumpstops and depending on struts you may need to trim down the stock perches for the stock springs. The coilovers are for the 2000+ eclipse.

HondaKillerGTZ
08-29-2002, 09:46 PM
2000 GTZ
Eibach Pro-Kit
Stock shocks/struts
No camber kit needed
Stock 16" alloys
Kumho Ecsta 711 (205/55/16)
3G Eclipse Stock strut bar

The first week with my springs, the car got a sound in the front right side, like a broken strut, and it was a little bouncy, but with time (1-2 weeks) it disappeared. The ride quality is very good, a little more stiff than stock (of course), and the fender gaps looks the same front and back. The car lowered like 1.5-1.6" in the front, and like 1.3-1.4" in the back. I love the way it looks now, and how it feels!!! Eibach=Highly Recommended!!

Bad Galant
08-30-2002, 11:40 AM
1999 Galant ES;
Intrax Lowering Springs
1.75' drop. settled to 2.00'
Ingales camber kit in rear
18' SSR Zxspeeds 3 piece racing alumminum rims
215/40/18 Perrelli P 7000
crossed drilled and slotted rotors with braded hose kit (nickel plated)
I liked my ride in the very beggining. It was very smooth and soft. But than my front and rear shocks went out and ride went to hell. I replaced the rear with Monroe Sensa Shocks and my ride was almost back to normal but I still cant get the front shocks, so my ride is still pretty crappy. Monroe sent me the wrong front strut. I'm going to get rid of my lowering springs and go for the full race set up. 24 point adjustment coil overs. My ride will be better than stock. Wish me luck. 8)

Auto-9
08-30-2002, 12:25 PM
2001 ES V6
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Stock shocks/struts
No camber kit required
Stock 16x6 Premium stainless steel rims with factory Eagle RS-A tires
Freedom Design strut tower bar

Really nice ride quality, though it does tend to get bouncy and have a tendency to jump especially in the back. Fellow passengers and myself have often found our heads smacking the roof of the car during rough spots, but very smooth otherwise. Detectable handling difference, how much improvement is hard to say, but the look of the car is great, especially with the lower nose and perched rear. Unique to my car, I'm told. Overall very happy with the outcome. Didn't quite get a measurement of the stock fender gap but final result is about 1.5 inch (2 to 3 fingers) all around.

J. T. Z.
08-31-2002, 09:08 AM
2000 ES
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Stock struts and shocks
No camber kit required
18 x 7.5 Giovanna Anzio's (+38 offset)
215/40/18 Pirelli P7000 Supersports
Freedem Design STB

Review of Eibach Pro-Kit: I have been very pleased with the ride quality of my springs. I mean, of couse you gain some bouncyness to the ride but a lot less than other springs I have seen. The stock struts and shocks seem to react very well to the new springs. Although I am waiting to see how long they last before having to be replaced. So far I have the springs on for over a year and no problems. I would reccomend if you can afford it at the time of purchase to add a STB and if you have the dough KYB struts and shocks. I'm sure with the new struts and shocks the car will ride better than stock even with the lower springs.

Tiller
09-01-2002, 05:00 PM
2002 GTZ V6
Eibach Pro-Kit
KYB AGX front and rear
Eibach rear camber kit
18" x 7.5" Racing Hart CP-035R +44mm offset
225/40 Bridgestone Potenza S03's

All I can say is the car in this form outhandles the stock car anyday of the week, and the ride quality is still damn near as nice as it was stock...

Danger DANJ
09-01-2002, 07:29 PM
Hey Pinoy, my setup has changed from what you have on your page.

I still have the 3G Eclipse strut bar and Progress springs with the rear KYB AGX shocks and the rear Ingalls camber kit, but I now have the Koni insert struts up front instead of the OEM ones. I also have 18"x7.5" Zeo BZ-12 rims with a +42mm offset and 225/40/18" Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tires.

Basically, this setup performs rather well with no bouncing, although rides much rougher than stock. The car handles well through turns and hugs the road great when switching lanes at high speeds. I have yet to experience any kind of bottoming out during daily driving, but have experienced the front struts bottom out when hitting large pot holes at high speeds twice. With the wheel setup that I'm running and the 1.8" drop I have in the rear, I do experience occaisional fender rubbing in the rear, but mainly when hitting dips in the road at 75 mph+ or with passangers in the car at slightly slower speeds.

DeBull
09-05-2002, 12:31 AM
2001 gtz
Eibach sportline kit for eclipse spyder
Ingalls camber kit in rear
new struts all around; but stock
freedom design strut bar
Kuhmo's on stock 16's

Had weapon-r coilovers
WORST RIDE I HAVE EVER SEEN OR BEEN PUNISHED WITH!
JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!

I have a 1 finger gap in front and no gap whatsover in rear but forgot to put in the rubber bushings so i should have a 1 finger in rear too. Ride quality is sufficient with the Eibachs' and would suggest this setup to others. It is lower than the prokit and i still have substantial ride quality.

A_Gyrlz_Galant_on19s
09-07-2002, 02:10 PM
2000 EX ES V6

19 x 8.5 " ADR M Classics
225/35/19 Pirelli PZeros
Ground Control Coilovers
All other suspension components factory

no camber kit, tires/wheels to wide, won't fit
fenders aren't rolled, no rub.

like everything overall

DeBull
09-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Let me see if i got this right so u can see my ride height etc.

http://photos.yahoo.com/rfuctd ('http://photos.yahoo.com/rfuctd')

Messiah
09-22-2002, 06:00 PM
02 ES I4
Progress Springs
F/R KYB AGX (setting: front=2, rear=3)
F/R Progress camber kit
Freedom Design STB
17x7 +42 offset Tenzo-R Passion 5 W/ 225/45 Khumo Ecsta 711

Had to play with the setting for a while till I was satisfied with the way it handles. Rides almost like stock but slightly stiffer (with this setting). When it was stock, I had to constantly adjust my direction to keep the car straight on the freeway...now...none of that, feels solid.

Looks much, much better.

*Edit*

Doesn't matter how well your suspension setup is, you can only corner as fast as the tires will let you. With bigger rims, and even tho the brand of the tire I have are generique, I can corner a HELLAVALOT better.

DoubleX
09-30-2002, 06:48 PM
99 GTZ
4x KYB AGX (all set to 2)
Eibach Pro Kit
17" 5Zigen Fireballs
225/45 Kumho Ecstas
Slotted Rotors

I rode around with stock front struts, Rear AGXs and the Eibach Pro Kit for like 8 months. And it SUCKED!! The car would bottom out all the time and wobble like I had hydraulics. Finally got the Front AGXs and it feels like a Vette now. Defintely worth the wait. Best mod you can buy.... IMHO.

GTZ
10-02-2002, 01:32 AM
AGX F/R setting as of now F-3 R-2 still fine tune until right feel. Eibach pro kit. No camber kit needed.

17" 5Zigen Corpse
225*45*17 Dunlop SP 9000
Crossed drilled & slotted rotors all around
Custom Struct bar

So far still trying to find out how good these agx and pro kit comb is. Just got these installed 2 days. As of now the ride is definitely better than stock.

Gilhuly
11-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Eibach Pro Kit F/R
KYB AGX F/R
Dunlop Sport A2 205/55/16 (stock size)
I think my rims are 16x7
D3 Full CSK less front mid brace

I am currently running them set at 3 both front and rear. I find this good for the uneven driving surfaces I have to deal with while still being plenty firm. If I were on some of this stuff the guys in GA or TX have I'd probably be set at 2. I like my set up very much right now. Handles waaaaay better than stock

Gizmo
11-17-2002, 07:28 AM
2002 I-4 ES:

Freedom Design STB
OBX Coilovers
Stock struts and shocks
17 Excel TZ-7's
Kumho Ecsta 711 (215/45/17)
KYB AGX Adjustable struts (not yet installed)

I got my car lowered 2 weeks ago, when I saw it it looked real nice but as soon as I drove i was really disappointed. The front of the car was like a super ball just bouncing everywhere. The one thing i do like is the lane changing at high speeds it just glides to the next lane. I guess the aggresive lane changing is why my gas mileage sucks right now. Ordered KYB AGX front struts, hopefully that'll eliminate the super ball effect. Might need a camber kit for the rear cuz going to lower the rear a little bit more and also might need to roll the fenders if I go lower they will rub.

Ghost Beat
11-19-2002, 02:05 AM
99 DE i4
4 18x7.5 Konig Tantrums
Wrapped In Yokahama Parada 225/40R18
Ground Control Coilovers
Kyb Agx Shox & Struts all corners set to 3 all around

if your going with coilovers i HIGLY recommend ground controls and highly warn about aerospeed coilovers lots of people i know on these boards and off they have not have them on that long at all the quality of the spring is horrable just my 2 cents if someone has them and likes them no offence just my personal thoughts

jomin1016
11-19-2002, 11:59 AM
2000ESV6
OBX Coilovers
Stock struts/no camber kit
17" Konig Monsoon..205/40 kumho 712's
DBA crossdrilled/slotted rotors in front

Installed the coilovers and https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif <span style='color:darkred'>loved the way the car looked</span>....got in and :cry: got thrown all over the place. Bounced all the way back home to look for KYB AGX struts....hopefully the ride will improve with the installation of those..

jomin1016
12-10-2002, 12:31 AM
just finished putting kyb agx's on the front - hell of a lot better - great ride - can't wait for the back

wwangster86
12-10-2002, 11:35 AM
99 ES V6

Got Dropzone coilovers on the front. Liked it till i hit a hole and it bottoms out. But at least it doesn't bounce and the ride is solid (without hitting bumps). Hopefully getting KYB's will help the bumps.

The back coilovers don't fit! Pisses me off! I don't understand why they made the cylinder so damn long! Actually makes the ride sit higher...Don't know what to do.