PDA

View Full Version : katskins door panel wrap???

leicoolya
06-11-2003, 04:02 PM
anyone that has put there vinyl wrap on the door panles did u take off the cloth or just leave it on???
and also who took the 2 pieces apart on the door panel?

Dominicano
06-11-2003, 04:26 PM
it looks better with the cloth still on and put the vynil over it. you shouldnt need to take the cloth part off (even though you can) but its much easier to just stuff the edges.

leicoolya
06-11-2003, 04:32 PM
i'm not worring about it being easy....i'm redoing the whole door panel, so both pieces are apart...just wondering how everyone else did it..

Dominicano
06-11-2003, 04:40 PM
i put the vynil on top of the material it gives it a fuller look. and if you do take the cloth off it wont be as soft cause there is no cushion on the vynil inserts so the cloth will provide that cusion

leicoolya
06-11-2003, 04:55 PM
good point thanks bro...

J
06-12-2003, 02:26 AM
when you took the panel apart, did you cut those white plastic circular nubs that hold it in place?

if so, how were you planning on attaching it back together. just wonderin.

i suppose you could glue it back.

leicoolya
06-12-2003, 11:17 AM
yes u had to cut em in order to get them off...if u plan on repainting your door panel i would say take them apart for better painting....
i plan on using some epoxy or somthing along the lines of that

Black Magic
06-12-2003, 11:23 AM
i found this hope it helps

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ght=front+seats ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10459&highlight=front+seats')

Dominicano
06-12-2003, 01:00 PM
when you took the panel apart, did you cut those white plastic circular nubs that hold it in place?

if so, how were you planning on attaching it back together. just wonderin.

i suppose you could glue it back.

you should use a screw with a washer and that will hold it in place.

J
06-12-2003, 01:08 PM
ya domielover!!!

a screw and washer...good idea! 8)

HeadAche
06-12-2003, 08:31 PM
i put the vynil on top of the material it gives it a fuller look. and if you do take the cloth off it wont be as soft cause there is no cushion on the vynil inserts so the cloth will provide that cusion

did you spray that vinyl with an adhesive to keep it in place? and how was it the you got it over the cloth just stuffing it in there.. Im really confused on how you went about doing this..

Dominicano
06-12-2003, 11:31 PM
i read so much on doing this stuff really search alot of site trying to find out how to install it, but i dont have a place to do things like that so i paid someone a bill to do it for me. If you ever taken your doors off you will see that its two pieces and the cloth piece is only connected in some points. so you can stuff all arround the edges and the material will come out on the inside of the door.

but the guy who did it for me was going to take the cloth off and i told him no to leave it on since thats what everyone else recommends.