PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the CABIN Airfilter?

esv6matic
08-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Is this a simple procedure?

Where do I get the filter?

Thanks.

pinoyesv6
08-29-2002, 12:31 PM
jsut open the glovebox, remove its contents, pinch the sides and the glovebox will come out. then there are some brass colored srews and take them out. pull out the rectangular insert and thats the cabin filter. you can wash your current one. you can go to the dealer and i think pay 40 dollars for a new one...or do what i did and just cut up an in house filter and install that

TJC
08-29-2002, 12:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>...or do what i did and just cut up an in house filter and install that</div>

Hey, now you're using your noodle. You can probably get the dimensions and see if you can find an exact match in the air filter section. Next time I take a look I gotta remember to measure it, hehe.

pinoyesv6
08-29-2002, 12:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>...or do what i did and just cut up an in house filter and install that</div>

Hey, now you're using your noodle. You can probably get the dimensions and see if you can find an exact match in the air filter section. Next time I take a look I gotta remember to measure it, hehe.</div>

i thought about that. but if you look at the cabin air filter element. its super thin, like the thickeness of a regular pen. now if you were to go to the auto parts store and get a paper filter, it would be super thick. that would mean that you'd have to replace the filter element and its tray with the storebought filter. and yea to me i wouldn't use it just cuz you wouldn't get a good seal and you would have a leak of air and yea some air might not get filtered. but if thats what u want to use then thats good. the lest thing u want to use is like a k&n or a foam filter since those are oiled and yea, don't want to be breathing oil