PDA

View Full Version : I took of 1.1 sec of my time at the tracks 1 more to go help

95vegasgalant
06-13-2003, 01:07 PM
:twisted: I took off 1.1 sec of my quarte mile time running 16.5 with the leather passenger seat still on but I want to hit at least 15s. What I did was hollowed the cat put racing fuel hmmmmm I love the smell of that,gutted most of the car exept the seat and changed my oil before the race and plugs. I need a second more of my time so my coworker can bow down to me he dont think I can hit 15s all suggestions can help :twisted:

IceDouTGaLanT
06-13-2003, 01:15 PM
you take out ur spare tire? Also you got enough air in all tires? Ur gas tank filled all the way? or just enough. i dunno these are soem things my freinds do b4 they race i hope it helped you.

PS: let me drive your car only weight 125 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ill get u 15 seconds

95vegasgalant
06-13-2003, 01:21 PM
:twisted: I did take the spare off I think i need some adjustable struts in the back cause it not stiff enough :twisted:

HeadAche
06-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Okay, this is what you need to do trust me it works.. Drop you front tires 6psi to get better traction. If your using race gas, its probably methanol only run with 1/4 tank, a full tank will kill your time, with it splashing around in the gas tank.. pull your spare tire and your seat, and if you got time throw a bag of ice on top of the TB to keep it as cold as possible before you roll up to stage at the light, dont forget to take off the bag..lol.. If your on street tires of even Low pro's dont do a burn out it doesnt help.. My 8g run's high 12's and low 13's on the bottle, take my advice there buddy..

VegasMatt
06-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Want to borrow my SDS?

Gwayne, any future plans of running nitrous?

Jesse
06-13-2003, 02:22 PM
If you haven't already done so, get a 1g 60 mm throttle body, use 325cc injectors from a 3000gt or stealth non-turbo.

Port your intake manifold. Hope you have a header. Underdrive pully, lightened flywheel, good clutch.

This should easily have you turning consistent 14's.

Don't forget the s-afc

jluv97
06-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Not to jump horribly off topic but has anyone seen the S-AFCII that is coming out?
SWEET!!

HeadAche
06-13-2003, 04:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Josh_aka_jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not to jump horribly off topic but has anyone seen the S-AFCII that is coming out? Â*
SWEET!!</div>

I've seen it already, is pretty tight.. THey already came out over sea's and i know of a couple people who actually already have them.. Its the first AFC to give you 100% fuel to air, pretty cool..

95vegasgalant
06-13-2003, 05:09 PM
:evil: People say dont burn out with regular street tire but when I dont I dont grip for shit no N2o headers in the future too expensive Im not rich like matt underdrive pulley lets say you break your belt in a few years do they give you like a number or you can only buy the belt from them :twisted: 95-99 GST right

TurboGalant98
06-13-2003, 06:36 PM
what are your 60' times looking like?
what rpm are you launching at?

yes, lower your tire pressure for better traction (isnt 6 a little too low though? i go to 20)

IcedOutGalant said it best when he said let him drive. Seriously, weight reduction is a good thing... so go on a diet! (if you are overweight) it is the best thing you can do, lol. You can lose more than that seat weighs.

I prefer to see what I can run as my actual time for my car when it is like it is normally. i dont take anything out other than my spare, and i am still using street tires. i drive around the water when on street tires. i don't suffer from any wheel spin. you just have to find the perfect way to launch your car while keeping the rpms up and only getting the tires to chirp off the line. Aim for 1.9 or so 60 foot times. You should be able to get a 2.0 or 2.1 on a stock galant. again, what Are you getting?

make sure you get the best time you possibly can out of the car AS IS, and then start modding it. The best thing you can do to improve your time is improve your driving. Have you had a "perfect run" yet? I doubt it, i dont think i have either.

good luck.

HeadAche
06-13-2003, 10:08 PM
You cant run on just 6psi..lol.. i meant drop tire pressure 6psi.. I have a set of slicks so that no big issue..

95vegasgalant
06-13-2003, 11:05 PM
:twisted: My 60 is about 2.6 or 2.5 my slips in the car What motor is in your car

VegasMatt
06-13-2003, 11:08 PM
After I get my car tuned, I need get some slicks, You sell those at your shop Gwayne?

95vegasgalant
06-14-2003, 12:27 PM
:twisted: not drag slicks discount sells them, We can order some falken azenis matt you going next week if you are tell all the G to go run and represent :twisted:

Lazarus
06-14-2003, 11:11 PM
Koni ajdustables.... they'll save ou about 2 pounds in the holeshot

JiP
06-15-2003, 05:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>You cant run on just 6psi..lol.. i meant drop tire pressure 6psi.. I have a set of slicks so that no big issue..</div>

Funniest thing I read all day

Dark Anghell
06-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Why don't you try saving some weight by installin greally lightweight wheels. I was thinking what would happen if you installed two spare tires in the rear, those things are lightweight, and don't have as much friction. For the front, use some alloy whels and really light-weight tires. Because saving the rolling weight is more important than the dead weight. I could prove it with a physics formula...but I forgot what the formula is https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif .

Not burning out is a good idea. Try to find the "sweet spot" for your launch. I have some FWD friends who supposively launch at 4K and others say it should be 2-3K. Try until you find a spot where you loose a little traction in the beginning, but not so much that the car is just standing at one spot and burn out...not a good idea.

Dark Anghell
06-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Why don't you try saving some weight by installin greally lightweight wheels. I was thinking what would happen if you installed two spare tires in the rear, those things are lightweight, and don't have as much friction. For the front, use some alloy whels and really light-weight tires. Because saving the rolling weight is more important than the dead weight. I could prove it with a physics formula...but I forgot what the formula is https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif .

Not burning out is a good idea. Try to find the "sweet spot" for your launch. I have some FWD friends who supposively launch at 4K and others say it should be 2-3K. Try until you find a spot where you loose a little traction in the beginning, but not so much that the car is just standing at one spot and burn out...not a good idea.

Oh and what was the trap speed?

ewgiii
06-16-2003, 01:29 PM
hey, what quarter mile times do the galants with SDS run??? And what about u matt, don't you have spray and sds?

baadhabit
06-17-2003, 11:36 AM
go on a diet for sure. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif lose the bodykit and sound system, get smaller lightweight wheels, dont do burnout with street tires, get stiffer rear struts and practice your launch.

how are you launching?

95vegasgalant
06-17-2003, 11:27 PM
:twisted: My launching is good I myself believe burningout on street tires work my time prooves it and this friday I wanna get at least a half second faster :twisted:

krazienluv10
06-18-2003, 03:02 AM
try adding some stickers... that will motivate u to go faster.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

seth98esT
06-18-2003, 03:05 AM
pull ur power steering and air conditioner :lauging:

try regular maintenance, clean the tb and intake mani, use some fuel injector cleaner and so on

Dark Anghell
06-18-2003, 11:19 AM
The problem with burning up is that you drive THROUGH the burnout spot. It's great that your front tires are heated up and sticky, but after you drive out of the burnout spot you go over the water with your rear wheels, so now you have that extra weight on your rear wheels.

But removing power steering belts would work great. Also you can get your balance shaft removed that should give you about 5-10hp.

redboy
06-20-2003, 03:41 PM
oh nd a ghetto wahy to stiffin your bak springs for the moment is to put like a rubber blok or something to keep the spring from collapsing so much. but i wouldnt recomend keepin it there, just a cheap way to keep the weight of your car on the front tires better.....

BEAST
06-28-2003, 05:11 AM
I don't think that you need to take off your bodykit. The whole kit probably weights about the same if not lighter than the stock bumpers, including the bumper reinforcers. Seth and Pavel bring up a good point though. Take off your power steering belt. AC won't help since you don't run with it on anyway. Definatly lighter weight wheels too. Oh yea remember to cover you tires if you can from the sun so it doesn't heat them too much

HeadAche
06-28-2003, 04:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think that you need to take off your bodykit. Â*The whole kit probably weights about the same if not lighter than the stock bumpers, including the bumper reinforcers. Â*Seth and Pavel bring up a good point though. Â*Take off your power steering belt. Â*AC won't help since you don't run with it on anyway. Â*Definatly lighter weight wheels too. Â*Oh yea remember to cover you tires if you can from the sun so it doesn't heat them too much</div>

Have you ever drivin a car without a power steering belt? Its like trying to wrestle a bear, and who the hell has time to do that.. The AC welil yea you can pull that, but who really will if you dont have a drag car and your going just to test & tune like most people..

VegasMatt
06-28-2003, 04:15 PM
Plus he lives in LV, got to have that air!!

jay95galants
06-28-2003, 04:26 PM
take the body kit off and get some 13's with lo pro tires :jester:

HeadAche
06-28-2003, 04:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay95galants)</div><div class='quotemain'>take the body kit off and get some 13's with lo pro tires Â*:jester:</div>

HAHAH, i know guyz who have done that.. You can get a 13" rims though for a set of slicks.. I have a set and they work way better than you would think..

BEAST
06-28-2003, 04:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>Have you ever drivin a car without a power steering belt? Its like trying to wrestle a bear, and who the hell has time to do that.. The AC welil yea you can pull that, but who really will if you dont have a drag car and your going just to test & tune like most people..</div>
I was just saying that when he runs his car at the track that he should take his power steering belt off. You are right though. My belt that controls my power steering pully and water pump pully broke one day and it was hard as hell to turn. I could notice better response in the car. And I was saying to just not mess with the ac. Sorry that was kinda confusing

fstrthnu
06-30-2003, 08:01 PM
The best time I ever got with just an intake and exhaust was 16.0. I think my trap speed was in the mid 80's. I was running 17's with 25 psi in them with the trunk gutted and leather back seat out. No race gas or anything special. And I agree with everyone else that burning out with radials doesn't help any...but I still do it anyway 8) ! Just for a couple secs though to clean them off. I've had a set of 15" nitto drags sitting in my garage collecting dust. Thinking of selling them b/c I've only used them once and it was the same day I had to tow my car home from the track b/c I fried the clutch.

I think with cam2 and a couple more runs the 15's would've been easy to get...