PDA

View Full Version : vortech 12-1 fmu?

8ggalant
06-14-2003, 01:42 AM
what is it...i did a search and i think its sum sort of fpr..is this correct...tryin to get my fuel systeem together 4 my turbo set up and im wonderin what everybodies talkin about with this thing...i already plan on gettin a 255lph pump, 550s, and hopefully a rising fpr(although i need help on wher to find the fpr.), and a s-afc...help me out pls...also i was on the eclipse boards (did a search there too) and i saw a buncha guys sayin there gonna use the greddy emanage with there setups...any body know if we can use it...or if there is one...went to greddy and the page wouldnt come up...did a search to no avail...n/e help would be greatly appreciated

DJ Galant
06-14-2003, 06:07 AM
if u go with 550cc there shouldn't be need for fpr , i can't guratee that, - but assuming u r not going to boost it more than 15 psi - fpr will be not needed, or get it and get 460cc instead.

The problem with E-manage is that not many people know how to tune it, and installation might be pain in the ass too, since it is still consider piggy back type of computer.

E-manage would be the best bet- sounds like it is the best deal for the money since it controls fuel curves and timing though - u will need to find somebody who knows what the f**k he is doing in order to install it properly and tune it.
E-manage is tuned by a laptop - therefore if u have one - u r cool - if u don't then u will never see actual digital display wtf is going on with your car, and u will always need to find somebody to borrow to adjust anything on the damn thing.

Why SAFc on the top of E-manage? They both have the same purpose.

You will probably better off getting full stand alone system in the long run considering that E-manage runs about $350 , if u add harness, monitor it is going to be more like $500 total. Install about at least $200, to tune it - who knows. An hour of tuning on the dyno cost here in Las Vgeas $150 plus optional wideband o2 sensor is another $50.
How many hours will it take somebody to figure out how to set the thing - nobody knows.

In conclusion, I wanted to make a pointer here - E-manage is not as popular as SAFC and therefore u will probabluy sink a lot of money to get the thing working properly, u will probably sink way more than just full stand alone and get it tuned (because if u went stand alone - u will know somebody who knows how to install it and set it).

E-manage is piggy back computer still. So is the SAFC.
Though SAFC is easy to set, no additional harness, digital display , but no timing contorl, easy to install, very popular piggy back computer ).

By the way - search on www.google.com for "buy E-manage" and u will find it everywhere.

Good luck bro.

8ggalant
06-14-2003, 12:47 PM
thanks dj u'll be in the special thanks column when i finally finish my set up..hahaha

SuperchargedGTZ
06-17-2003, 07:31 AM
the vortech fmu is garbage.......KABOOOOOOOOM just my 0.02$