PDA

View Full Version : Turbo/SDS differential pressure feed type thingy

cdaw2001ES
06-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Blah blah Blah

cdaw2001ES
06-14-2003, 08:02 PM
btw - whats up with the post "times" I sent that at 9.00PM June 14th, not midnight June 15th, what time zone is this server in?
Ahh just noticed the GMT time note there on the bottom.

seth98esT
06-15-2003, 12:34 AM
so you want sds AND turbo? am i reading this correctly? :lauging:

cdaw2001ES
06-15-2003, 05:22 AM
Yup
I dont think it's that outrageous.
It could be done.

But I'm just thinking outloud,

I'm starting with the sds

burthold
06-15-2003, 11:10 AM
you are dreaming. if you want quick spool up then go with a dual turbo setup one small that spools up and one large for the top end. Plus, this kind of post no one takes seriously.

Wes

Lazarus
06-15-2003, 11:40 AM
THe mods just t get your car ready to take in that kinda boost is worth more than the car itself. I think you'd be better off with one the other or if you have ot then Dual turbo setup. and our almost gonna have to have a quad throttlebody setup. WHich means fuel. Which means more money. What your talking about doing has 1 major requirement. Sponsorship.

Besides your not gonna get the full effect out of the SDS because one of the things Ripp recommended himself was that there be a header on the car before/ during the install. and going with a turbo setup your gonna lose that

Wishful thinking but like Burthold said your are dreaming

cdaw2001ES
06-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Thanks anyways guys -
but you are seemingly lacking in outside the box thinking on this one.

After you budget the motor, the tranny, and the SDS, the addition of the turbo dosent seem so dramatic (I'll be paying for it all for the next 15 years anyway ~ and hey if the feds drop the rate again, I might be able to pull a emange/e-01 system outta my ass).

I kept my last car for 16 years, and I still have That motor and tranny, so IMO If you do it right, and pay the money - your car will reward you ~ till the body gets all rusted and fugly.

VegasMatt
06-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Do you think that both of these applications will fit in the engine bay? Good luck with it.

Faction
06-15-2003, 02:39 PM
to spool up turbos fast, some people use nitrous to spool up their turbo which is a better way than having two forms of forced induction. and less $$$

cdaw2001ES
06-15-2003, 02:48 PM
round here , NOS is illegal on the street, that sulfur smell gives it away pretty easy. If you get busted for racing, and have NOS in the car - dosent matter if it's armed or not, If the bottle has NOS in it, they can take - and keep your car((worst case)) or big-big fines/ suspended license.

I'm off the bottle and willing to pay for it.

Space issue is a big issue, like I had originally said, but erased - to prevent further replies like the above. I think I'd have to take out the radiator, and replace with two smaller ones, and put the battery in the trunk. Wont know for shure till its done.
I'm dropping the tranny tonight, It's going to Level Ten on monday.
When It gets back - hopefully I'll have my Buscher racing apointment all set (middle of full swing drag season so it's hard to get in with them)
I'll discuss th options with him, but I really want to have the SDS in first, so he can see how it fits.